Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Long Covid

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
After 10 weeks of positive result of test for Covid,all i can say is stairs and walking around the Supermarket is quite a challenge .Anyone else got this condition ?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
My wife had Covid in October., she is still not 100 percent. She had sore joints that all cleared up apart from one of her knees. It's giving her loads of grief bless her.

Granny on the wing

Sep 7, 2019
My wife had Covid in October., she is still not 100 percent. She had sore joints that all cleared up apart from one of her knees. It's giving her loads of grief bless her.

Apparently more women get Long Covid then men .It is not always the case that people are really ill in the first couple of weeks either. Age is not always a big factor a lot of young people get it ,that is why the Police and the Teachers are not happy for example not getting more priority with getting vaccinated as there could be many people off work long term. After looking at what the Scientists have been saying i am 100% sure that if i had taken Vitamin D since about September i would have got away with a couple of weeks of being unwell .I did see a report that if you get Asthma and Hay Fever allergy reactions normally you have more chance of having Long Covid as it is related to your heightened immune system .One Medical expert referring to this even said taking antihistamine tablets to try and get well which i might try even though its not the Hay Fever season yet. The commentator also recommended plenty of Vitamin C.I have noticed that when looking for Vitamin D in the supermarkets the shelves always seem to be empty so a lot of people believe in taking it .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Apparently more women get Long Covid then men .It is not always the case that people are really ill in the first couple of weeks either. Age is not always a big factor a lot of young people get it ,that is why the Police and the Teachers are not happy for example not getting more priority with getting vaccinated as there could be many people off work long term. After looking at what the Scientists have been saying i am 100% sure that if i had taken Vitamin D since about September i would have got away with a couple of weeks of being unwell .I did see a report that if you get Asthma and Hay Fever allergy reactions normally you have more chance of having Long Covid as it is related to your heightened immune system .One Medical expert referring to this even said taking antihistamine tablets to try and get well which i might try even though its not the Hay Fever season yet. The commentator also recommended plenty of Vitamin C.I have noticed that when looking for Vitamin D in the supermarkets the shelves always seem to be empty so a lot of people believe in taking it .

I take vitamin D and Cetirizine (an antihistamine) every day as I am allergic to all sorts (dust mites, pet dander, pollen, mould spores). I get both from pharmacyfirst.co.uk, a lot cheaper than high street.

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
We started taking vitamins and zinc and getting daily sunshine as soon as Wuhan had the virus, and still take them daily. I had mild long covid back in March/April and it was a real struggle doing my job, but it cleared up after a month or so.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I have been really interested by this as about 4 years ago I had glandular fever and went onto have symptoms which are almost identical to those being reported with long Covid.

It started off with collapsing in hotel rooms at the end of days when working away and was then driven home by a colleague. I could not get out of bed for more than 20min without being exhausted and put a lot of pressure on my partner as we had a new born. I was losing weight, had severe brain fog and felt awful. Progress was really slow over 6-9 months developing energy levels to a point could go about daily work. During this period I developed anxiety as could not go anywhere without feeling like might collapse through exhaustion. Having always been a very strong person this knocked me sideways and was very scary at the time as was convinced would never recover to normal.

It took me over a year to get back to myself and there was as little or no advice over what to do other than links between espstein barr presence in bloods and exhaustion which in severe cases has led to CFS.

The not knowing and lack of available information and support made the whole experience a lot worse than could have been if you could be reassured it is normal and have some kind of support and treatment.

Fingers crossed the number of cases of this now being taken more seriously leads to better understanding and support of what is a very unsettling illness

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here