Everton v Southampton (20:00) - Sky Sports

Screenshot 2021-02-26 at 09.48.08.png

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
For further additional stress...

Thursday :

Fulham v Spurs

There are other midweek games, but not for the albion.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Does anyone really care, anymore?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
For further additional stress...

Thursday :

Fulham v Spurs

There are other midweek games, but not for the albion.

Yeah, I just clocked that - it seemed to be too many to include here, so I'll do a separate Tue-Thur thread after this round.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I honestly think Roy will do us a favour here. Place to do a number on Scott Parkers men.

I’m not so confident. With their result over us they’re now looking very safe. They may be quite relaxed for this game. Whereas Fulham will be going hell for leather.

We just have to rely on ourselves. No excuses, point minimum tomorrow. 3 ideally, which we’re more than capable of.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I’m not so confident. With their result over us they’re now looking very safe. They may be quite relaxed for this game. Whereas Fulham will be going hell for leather.

We just have to rely on ourselves. No excuses, point minimum tomorrow. 3 ideally, which we’re more than capable of.

As seen repeatedly, teams only need one bad round of results to go from "very safe" to "not so safe", meaning they were probably not so safe to begin with..

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As seen repeatedly, teams only need one bad round of results to go from "very safe" to "not so safe", meaning they were probably not so safe to begin with..

Whilst not mathematically safe, with 32 points already it would take some turn around for Palace to go down now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Whilst not mathematically safe, with 32 points already it would take some turn around for Palace to go down now.

Not disagreeing, just saying things can happen quickly. Four or five straight losses for them and a couple of good results below them and it all gets heated again.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Does anyone really care, anymore?

I wish I didn't care, I need to get back into my 2006-2010 phase where I took a break and just read the paper . . . stress free. Have so much to do tomorrow. wasting 2 hours watching over paid mediocrity and stressing myself out is not on the list of 'productive jobs to do' :mad:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I feel dirty, but there is no escaping the fact I really want Palace to win this weekend. There. I've said it. I'm now off to cleanse myself in disinfectant, and will never speak of this again.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I feel dirty, but there is no escaping the fact I really want Palace to win this weekend. There. I've said it. I'm now off to cleanse myself in disinfectant, and will never speak of this again.

Inject it maybe, heard it got various health benefits.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

I dunno - a win for us and loss for them and suddenly we're a game from overtaking them again.

Optimistic, perhaps...

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

I see where you're coming from, but I'd still rather we won, and Fulham drew or won.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I dunno - a win for us and loss for them and suddenly we're a game from overtaking them again.

Optimistic, perhaps...

Very much this for me.

Hoping we can get back to winning ways and start looking up the table again.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I too hope Palace win. Putting the rivalry aside, that has to be the best outcome for us, whether we like it or not.

Obviously we should be looking to stay up without having to rely on other teams' results but a defeat for Fulham could work in our favour come the end of the season

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Priority is that we match or better Fulham's result at Palace. They then play Spurs, City, Liverpool so a difficult run for them & a chance for us to extend the gap. Its lots of ifs and buts, but if we can extend the gap during those 3 games we'd be going into the final 9 games with Fulham needing something like 3 more wins than us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here