Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Mr Potato Head

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
**** me, the world really is a pathetic place nowadays.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
:lolol:

When I heard this on Radio 4 this morning I did wonder how long it would be before a thread appeared on NSC. My money was on an outraged Gammon but, instead, it's Crodo taking his trawling net far away from where it can get caught on the Greenpeace boulders.

:vuvu:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

When I heard this on Radio 4 this morning I did wonder how long it would be before a thread appeared on NSC. My money was on an outraged Gammon but, instead, it's Crodo taking his trawling net far away from where it can get caught on the Greenpeace boulders.

I’m surprised it took this long to appear :lolol:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
d7d1c233d77f3bdf1bf66a4113fc4fae.jpg

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

I wonder how long until Mr Ben gets re-branded ???

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Except they’re not.

It’s only the firm branding that has become gender neutral, not the actual toys themselves.

You will still be able to buy’Mr Potato head’ or ‘Mrs Potato head’ made under the brand name ‘Potato head’.

[MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION], you little tinker.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008

I hope this isn't next. Just won't sound the same without the Mr.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
**** me, the world really is a pathetic place nowadays.

Yep, agree.

Snowflake society :down:

I mean of course if you’d actually looked in to what you’re getting upset about you’d realise they’re only changing the brand name and you can still buy a Mr/Mrs Potato Head which will be labelled as such.

Clever bit of marketing because Hasbro must have known what the outcome would be, and it opens them up to expand the range in the same way those shit “funko pop” figures have. Slap any popular intellectual property on to the product and sell them as collectible sets. Massive profit.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Imagine having so little going on in your life that you manage to find the time to be furious because a company has changed the branding of a toy it makes

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Why does it have to be a potato? Other vegetables are being excluded here, so I' like to launch 'Mung Bean Human' - which allows you to decorate said pulse with blank features so as not to offend.

I'm just messing. I don't think growing up in the 70's would have been ruined if Mr Potato Head wasn't a Mr.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Depends on the spud you use, Charlotte and King Edward for instance... Mind you, this will be another hammer blow for Lightly Baked ( Potato)! Everything he holds dear is slowly falling apart.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here