Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How many late late goals have we conceded this season?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Off the top of my head, goals on or after 90 mins

United
Newport
Leicester
Palace

I am sure there are more that I’ve blanked out

It’s too many isn’t it?

Who is to blame, if anyone? Maybe shit just happens. I know Potter has to carry the can but unless he subs attacking players for defenders or defensive midfielders, basically settling for what we have it’s likely to keep happening as we chase winners. Surely it’s also up to Dunk to organise things late in the game? Do we need to stop going for a winner if we are drawing with 10 to go?

How many late late goals have we scored? I can’t remember any, please remind me

Please desist with posting any XG bollocks, thanks :smile:

If we’ve already done this, just ignore the thread and let it sink

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
In the PL Brighton scored six and conceded five in the last 15 minutes of the games.

Better than I thought then, I only remember the goals against that took points off us :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What about after the 85th minute?

Counted it myself:

Goals for: 5 (March vs United, Bissouma vs Everton, Mac Allister vs Palace, Welbeck vs Sheffield, Gross vs Pool)

Goals against: 2 (Fernandes for United, Benteke for Palace)

All of them in added time except Welbeck vs Sheffield (87th minute).

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
It does feel as if our game management has been an issue. Haven't we also conceded several goals very late in the first half ? We also have got away with some close scrapes deep in injury time although only Fulham comes to mind.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It does feel as if our game management has been an issue. Haven't we also conceded several goals very late in the first half ? We also have got away with some close scrapes deep in injury time although only Fulham comes to mind.

Wolves?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

And there's probably more just as there's probably quite a few times when Brighton players missed chances in the final minutes.

Brighton are scoring and conceding goals at various points of the game and conceding and creating chances at various points of the game. Been the case for the last 120 years and will be in the future as well.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

How's that (relative to other teams) when we've scored more than we've conceded late into the game ?

Bigger issue for me (may be just a perception) is how often we've conceded shortly after scoring.................

boik

And there's probably more just as there's probably quite a few times when Brighton players missed chances in the final minutes.

Brighton are scoring and conceding goals at various points of the game and conceding and creating chances at various points of the game. Been the case for the last 120 years and will be in the future as well.

Wise words young Swanny.

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Wise words perhaps. But there is a difference between ordinary match play and events and managing the game at critical points. Our team is relatively young.....If Ben White could take his hoof into the air back he obviously would do. With less than a minute remaining it was a mistake to gift possession to a counter attacking team and he will learn from that. I imagine that he was trying to get the ball back into the opponents back third but it was obviously too hard to execute. ( By the way, I am against game management in the sense of time wasting or taking the ball into the corner and preventing meaningfull play. What I'm talking about here is prudent decisions.)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's poor game management. Part of it is a team not used to winning matches but it can be taught.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
Last 15 mins for the 1st half in PL games, shows we've scored 5 (4 on or after 40 mins) and conceded 8 (7 on or after 40 mins, 1 of those in injury time). You can add another 2 to the oppos column if you include Cup games!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
We are cursed, it's been happening for years!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It’s not a new problem. I remember one of the early Withdean seasons when we seemed to concede goals at the end with alarming regularity. Just like now I can remember expecting it to happen. I wonder if the players do the same and it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here