Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hayden roberts

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
What is a football forum for if its not an avenue for supporters to give opinions for and against on team , manager and players.

and your point is?

I disagreed with a post. Hardly asking for him to be excluded from NSC and then horse whipped thorugh the streets of Mile Oak.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Young players making their mistakes on loan is superb for us.Better than the other way round, which has often been the case for us over the years.
Ben White is a contentious one. I maybe in the minority but I would accept a £30m or so fee, for three reasons - we are well stocked at CB, we could use that money to reinforce upfront, and there’s no guarantee White will fulfill his potential. Webster’s ceiling potential is higher than white’s IMO.
That said, it was great when we gave Leeds the middle finger.

30 million I would be unhappy with that fee unless its in his contract.

We really should be looking to get over 40 IMO

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
30 million I would be unhappy with that fee unless its in his contract.

We really should be looking to get over 40 IMO

Based on what we have seen this season, that is a lot of dough

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
It's a lot but he's a clearly talented young English player who's comfortable with the ball at his feet. Those are an extremely precious commodity and he will be courted by all the big clubs as a result, enabling us to charge a big boy transfer fee.

Put it this way, he's a better all-round player than Harry Maguire and Leicester got £50m for him. And he's considerably older.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
and your point is?

I disagreed with a post. Hardly asking for him to be excluded from NSC and then horse whipped thorugh the streets of Mile Oak.

You were critical of someone putting up that on Rochdale fan site they were saying he had not been playing well at CB and had now been dropped.. I am sure many found this interesting same as we did when they were praising him earlier in the season

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
White to Liverpool for £50m, Clarke and Ostigaard into the first-team squad, Roberts to Derby. Easy.

We look like we need an extra CB with Lamptey, March & Webster out so 2-in-1-out seems sensible.

More than happy to lose Mr White to one of the top clubs in the world (i.e. not Leeds) if it means keeping Biss for an extra season or two!

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
We look like we need an extra CB with Lamptey, March & Webster out so 2-in-1-out seems sensible.

More than happy to lose Mr White to one of the top clubs in the world (i.e. not Leeds) if it means keeping Biss for an extra season or two!

Yes absolutely, though we probably have an equally good back up plan for CM with Moder and Caicedo in place to step up. Wouldn't be surprised if Molumby is expected to make the step up as well.

Regarding Biss, I've got this worrying thought that it all revolves around whether Wijnaldum leaves Liverpool in the summer (Arsenal can't afford Biss). It's looking highly likely he will and Bissouma is the most likely fit for a replacement (Camavinga is going to be much better than Biss but is only 18). As we have contingency plans for those positions, I really wouldn't be surprised if we lost both in the summer. One to cover our losses for this season, the other for future transfers.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yes absolutely, though we probably have an equally good back up plan for CM with Moder and Caicedo in place to step up. Wouldn't be surprised if Molumby is expected to make the step up as well.

Regarding Biss, I've got this worrying thought that it all revolves around whether Wijnaldum leaves Liverpool in the summer (Arsenal can't afford Biss). It's looking highly likely he will and Bissouma is the most likely fit for a replacement (Camavinga is going to be much better than Biss but is only 18). As we have contingency plans for those positions, I really wouldn't be surprised if we lost both in the summer. One to cover our losses for this season, the other for future transfers.

On the subject of Camavinga, comparing his progress to Caicedo will be very interesting. The former is apparently worth £50m+ but Vickery did that Moises would be worth that if he was Brazilian. Exciting times.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
On the subject of Camavinga, comparing his progress to Caicedo will be very interesting. The former is apparently worth £50m+ but Vickery did that Moises would be worth that if he was Brazilian. Exciting times.

Yes, I think the language used by the media is unbelievably similar in both cases (taken each step up in their stride/progressing at a ridiculously fast rate etc.) but Camavinga is already being tested at a higher level as a first team regular for Rennes, playing in the Champions League, and already making his mark for the French national team (youngest goalscorer for over 100 years). I honestly believe that if Camavinga reaches his full potential he will become one of the greats. I've never seen a player that young (debut at 16) play with such control. He looks like a complete player already and is proving it on a regular basis at the age of 18. He's going to be quality but the way Liverpool do transfers, I don't think they'd be willing to pay £50m+ for a player unproven in the PL who probably needs to slot straight in. It's the sort of gamble Chelsea might take but Liverpool only spend big money on sure bets (VVD, Jota, Allison, Thiago). Bissouma is therefore the obvious choice.

On Moises, I think if he shows half of the talent that Camavinga has showed we could be looking at our best ever CM. The potential is there to be a top top player but it is earlier days for Caicedo than Camavinga. It's bloody thrilling nonetheless.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see he has said in interview finding it difficult at Rochdale and not easy playing against big CFs

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I see he has said in interview finding it difficult at Rochdale and not easy playing against big CFs

Well l would suggest that thats one of the reasons that he is there, to get used to playing against bigger boys. He needs to grow, both physically and mentally.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
If he think's they're big in league 1, they will be bigger still, if or when he plays in the Premier League

He'll find out that when the likes of Vestergaard or Rudiger or Maguire are coming up for a corner, or the likes of Wood or Kane are trying to outjump you at the backpost, defending at the top level is hard ... very hard.

Then he'll learn that playing league 1 strikers was a piece of **** compared to having to deal with the pace of Vardy, Salah or Rashford.

Hopefully this is serving as a reality check to the lad about where he is and how hard it is to play in this league.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As has been speculated on here before, I wonder if he will have to learn to play left back or central midfield. As talented as he is, there really aren't very many shorter centre backs who make it to the top of the game.

Just saw this on wiki

Born: 10 May 2002 (age 18 years), Brighton
Height: 1.75 m
Weight: 68 kg

If the fella really is 68kg, you might be right, centre back is out of the equation for a while, he'll get run over in this league

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Just saw this on wiki

If the fella really is 68kg, you might be right, centre back is out of the equation for a while, he'll get run over in this league

Can remember seeing him play in that League Cup game against Villa at the Amex a couple of season's ago, he looked like a little boy lining up next to Shane Duffy at centre back.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Never know with the Argus but seems a strange thing for a young CB to say that he finds it difficult dealing with CFs

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just saw this on wiki

Blimey - if that's accurate (and it's obvious from wiki a lot of these aren't accurate) he's about 15cm and 15kg on even the smaller CBs. Flyweight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here