Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hayden roberts

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
perhaps no bad thing as I don't think confidence is something that is lacking in him.

Don't worry about that. That'll soon be knocked out of him when he makes his debut for the last 4 minutes of a PL game and Junior starts a thread about him.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Good. A championship loan next season hopefully then get him in the squad.

Hopefully to be followed by a round of #FreeHaydenRoberts in the summer following when the club involved suddenly realise he's not their player

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Has he been doing well as Rochdale seem to concede a lot of goals?

Got dropped after 1-4 against MK Dons and since then they have conceded one goal in three games...

Obviously havent seen them play though so I cant say too much. I still think he needs to change position if he wants to establish himself. Sure, everyone always mentions Cannavaro when it comes to short centre backs but the reason everyone mentions him is because he was the exception and Roberts reaching his level is a little bit too much to ask for tbh.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
everyone always mentions Cannavaro when it comes to short centre backs but the reason everyone mentions him is because he was the exception

Bobby Moore was 1.78, Scirea was 1.78 too and Baresi was 1.76. I bet there weren't many complaints about their heights

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Good. A championship loan next season hopefully then get him in the squad.

Just like that huh? He has had one season with League 2 Rochdale, and you think he is ready to play regular Championship football? further more then be included in our Premier League squad?

He is only 18 and has played hardly any senior football. Give him time to develop!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Obviously havent seen them play though so I cant say too much.

Thank fck for that.

Just like that huh? He has had one season with League 2 Rochdale, and you think he is ready to play regular Championship football? further more then be included in our Premier League squad?

He is only 18 and has played hardly any senior football. Give him time to develop!

That will be League One Rochdale.

They have conceeded a lot of goals, but they have had a lot of defensive injuries. Roberts has played both at centre back and left back, so quite a tough season all in. Seems to have done well, if he hasn't always impressed in the air from reports.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
That will be League One Rochdale.

They have conceeded a lot of goals, but they have had a lot of defensive injuries. Roberts has played both at centre back and left back, so quite a tough season all in. Seems to have done well, if he hasn't always impressed in the air from reports.

I stand corrected, it just seems to me that Rochdale have been at the arse end of the old Fourth Division since time immemorial. :bowdown:

I do think though that it's still too early for him to be contemplating Championship football, and that another season at Spotland would serve him in better stead.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Judging by their forum he’s a cut above already

Then it seems very odd that he has been benched doesn't it?

Surely we loan our youngsters out so they get experience playing. If he is just going to bench warm there doesn't seem much point in him being there does there?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Then it seems very odd that he has been benched doesn't it?

Surely we loan our youngsters out so they get experience playing. If he is just going to bench warm there doesn't seem much point in him being there does there?

Well yes, but he is still only an 18 year old kid though, and all of the teams in the Football League are playing a lot of games at the moment, so they may well just be resting him from a few. Not a bad idea as his development needs to be managed properly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here