Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Dennis Waterman

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
One of the most popular and much loved British actors and a hugely talented musician and singer to boot.

73 today, happy birthday Dennis.

:clap:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Write the feem toon
Sing the feem toon...

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
He'll be celebrating, but just the one, Mrs Wembley

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Great in The Sweeney.

Even better in Minder and New Tricks. As much as l like Dennis though, he does play himself to a certain extent. I met him a few times back in the seventies as l drank in the same pub as him in London, and he is something of a rough diamond.

Happy birthday though!

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Not alleged. He admitted he punched her.

He also said . . . .

"The problem with strong, intelligent women is that they can argue, well. And if there is a time where you can't get a word in... and I... I lashed out. I couldn't end the argument."

The problem with old gammon like Waterman is that when their intellect fails them, they turn to violence. It turns out that he thought it was her fault too:

'He tried to excuse his behaviour by stating: "It's not hard for a woman to make a man hit her." '

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He also said . . . .

"The problem with strong, intelligent women is that they can argue, well. And if there is a time where you can't get a word in... and I... I lashed out. I couldn't end the argument."

The problem with old gammon like Waterman is that when their intellect fails them, they turn to violence. It turns out that he thought it was her fault too:

'He tried to excuse his behaviour by stating: "It's not hard for a woman to make a man hit her." '

Yeah, nasty business.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know a few mate’s parents who have played charity matches with him and they all say he is a good bloke. But then they weren’t birds and he wasn’t punching them in the face.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
My brother while working for a charity met Dennis Waterman a few times, and said everytime he couldn't have been nicer. He said Dennis was always helping the charity out when they needed celebs for events and always really nice when he chatted with him.

I'm really torn on it to be honest, because someone hitting their partner is unacceptable, abhorrent behaviour. If someone admits their mistake, and says they're ashamed of it, do you give them another chance? I geniunely don't know. I'm pretty sure if it was my sister or daughter who'd been hit, I definitely wouldn't be giving them another chance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here