Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dover

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Dover in the conference are refusing to play their games

What do you think will happen to them ? And with the south and north leagues being cancelled will there be any relegation ? And is the football league still having 2 up 2 down

ttgg

Aug 6, 2020

What do you think will happen to them ? And with the south and north leagues being cancelled will there be any relegation ? And is the football league still having 2 up 2 down

Banished for ever and forced to play in the French 4th division perhaps?

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006

Because ?

Something to do with the promised government grants ,now becoming loans instead
With the lack of gate receipts they feel for the long term future of the club , this is the best way forward to ensure survival As you say the division s below have been declared null and void

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
Because ?

Something to do with the promised government grants ,now becoming loans instead
With the lack of gate receipts they feel for the long term future of the club , this is the best way forward to ensure survival As you say the division s below have been declared null and void

They have played 15 games so will there results be voided ?

And they will not go down is that correct ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well its pointless fining them, as they've got no money. My guess is that whenever the new season gets underway, Dover will begin on -10 or something.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Seems their entire staff have been placed on furlough and all football operations ceased
In an attempt to prevent insolvency

Yes it seems they are being fined on a match by match basis

Re their results being voided it remains to be seen

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
The Leagues that "run" football are so out of touch with reality.
Storrington were fined last season for refusing to play a game against a side that had a COVID positive tested player. Both sides agreed a re-arranged date for the game, but the League still fined them for not going ahead with the game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Seems their entire staff have been placed on furlough and all football operations ceased
In an attempt to prevent insolvency

Yes it seems they are being fined on a match by match basis

Re their results being voided it remains to be seen

Tonbridge (maybe its a Kent thing) did the exact same thing when the conference south got suspended fully expecting it not to return. It was announced they would return but still couldn't afford to pay the players so they had to scrabble a squad together of I assume kids and old timers who would play for free only to be told the season was null and void. Why can't Dover do the same? If there is no relegation then it doesn't matter if they get beat 25-0 every week if it means they won't get fined for not fulfilling their fixtures?

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
There should be two-legged play-offs with 1st v 24th and 2nd v 23rd to decide who goes up/down from the National League Premier, North or South once they've played at least 50% of fixtures? Just a suggestion.

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
There should be two-legged play-offs with 1st v 24th and 2nd v 23rd to decide who goes up/down from the National League Premier, North or South once they've played at least 50% of fixtures? Just a suggestion.

I’m pretty sure north and south have been declared null and void

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
Tonbridge (maybe its a Kent thing) did the exact same thing when the conference south got suspended fully expecting it not to return. It was announced they would return but still couldn't afford to pay the players so they had to scrabble a squad together of I assume kids and old timers who would play for free only to be told the season was null and void. Why can't Dover do the same? If there is no relegation then it doesn't matter if they get beat 25-0 every week if it means they won't get fined for not fulfilling their fixtures?

I m not personally involved So I don’t have any idea how much it would cost them to hold a home game
or the travel costs to an away game Even if the players played for free
Looking in from the outside I’d imagine they re hoping to have garnered support from other teams within the division to cancel the season
From what I’ve read Dover have no wish to go into anymore debt to complete effectively meaningless fixtures
It all stems back to the promised grants now becoming loans

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
With 99% of football outside the Premier and Football League's being cancelled for the last few months, I can see big problems brewing in grass roots football.

The entire non league pyramid could need to be reshaped, as l think many clubs will fold.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
They think it’s all Dover... it is now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Like politicians, the leaders of football don’t have a clue of the finances of everyday folk and how hard things are Covid or not. They’ll just keep pummelling them into none existence.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
I’m pretty sure north and south have been declared null and void

I've seen that all the matches have been postponed in the last couple of weeks or so. Feel for the leaders. It sounds a right shambles. So many of Albion's 2000/2001 opponents are now in non-league - York, Chesterfield, Kidderminster, Darlington, Barnet, Hartlepool, Macclesfield (gone bust), Torquay. That's a third of the division! Different world from the muddy Withdean pitch and getting very wet to the amazing Amex facilities.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I m not personally involved So I don’t have any idea how much it would cost them to hold a home game
or the travel costs to an away game Even if the players played for free
Looking in from the outside I’d imagine they re hoping to have garnered support from other teams within the division to cancel the season
From what I’ve read Dover have no wish to go into anymore debt to complete effectively meaningless fixtures
It all stems back to the promised grants now becoming loans

Which is a valid point and I can see it from there point of view. But they aren't the only side in the league. I'm sure those near the top of the league don't see it the same way and want the season finished.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here