Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
One might think the winner of this year's UCL is highly likely to come from that first QF/SF bracket.

Current domestic league positions show both how competitive the EPL is in comparison with others and how abject Liverpool's title defense has been.

Bayern Munich (1) / PSG (2) v Man City (1) / Borussia Dortmund (5)

Real Madrid (3) / Liverpool (6) v Porto (2) / Chelsea (4)

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Enjoying the Bayern Munich v PSG game.....Bayern just fought back from two down
Only downside is Marty Keo. co commentating

PSG back in front 2/3

Last edited:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Tense finish at the return leg...BM one up at HT....level at 3/3 but PSG ahead on away goals.....ten mins left

Not as many goals but so intriguing

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Tense finish at the return leg...BM one up at HT....level at 3/3 but PSG ahead on away goals.....ten mins left

Not as many goals but so intriguing

Deserved win for PSG in the end though I don’t know how they didn’t score from one of their many counters in the second half!

Pleased for Poch but he did get very lucky that Lewandowski missed both games.

If City now don’t win the Champions League this season then they never will. They’re comfortably the best team left in it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Deserved win for PSG in the end though I don’t know how they didn’t score from one of their many counters in the second half!

If City now don’t win the Champions League this season then they never will. They’re comfortably the best team left in it.
Comfortably? PSG have been outstanding over two legs against the holders, and look every bit as good as Man City to me.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

If City now don’t win the Champions League this season then they never will. They’re comfortablye the best team left in it.

Hmmm...I’m not so sure both PSG and City are very capable of scoring goals....I’m not so sure about their defences being good enough ..so I’d say pretty even...we shall see.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Comfortably? PSG have been outstanding over two legs against the holders, and look every bit as good as Man City to me.

Yes, comfortably. Do you watch Ligue 1 much out of interest? They have been poor by their standards for the majority of it. They're still not a fully functioning team like City are - they rely on the individual brilliance of Mbappe and Neymar. The fact they're 3 points behind Lille, and only 1 and 2 points behind Monaco and Lyon respectively is an embarrassment considering the advantages they over the other teams. They should be running away with it. They weren't particularly good in the Champions League group stage either.

I also didn't think they were that great in the first leg of this tie either and they got incredibly lucky to play Bayern when they did. Bayern are in the middle of a civil war with the manager about to leave and not having Lewandowski for the two matches was huge. Goretzka and Gnabry also massive losses for them.

Ultimately it's a cup competition so anything could happen but I do think City are a much better side. The only way I think PSG beat them is if Pep has one of his Champions League meltdowns and plays a strange side or Mbappe has one of those games where he really turns it on and no one in the world can stop him.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, comfortably. Do you watch Ligue 1 much out of interest? They have been poor by their standards for the majority of it. They're still not a fully functioning team like City are - they rely on the individual brilliance of Mbappe and Neymar. The fact they're 3 points behind Lille, and only 1 and 2 points behind Monaco and Lyon respectively is an embarrassment considering the advantages they over the other teams. They should be running away with it. They weren't particularly good in the Champions League group stage either.

I also didn't think they were that great in the first leg of this tie either and they got incredibly lucky to play Bayern when they did. Bayern are in the middle of a civil war with the manager about to leave and not having Lewandowski for the two matches was huge. Goretzka and Gnabry also massive losses for them.

Ultimately it's a cup competition so anything could happen but I do think City are a much better side. The only way I think PSG beat them is if Pep has one of his Champions League meltdowns and plays a strange side or Mbappe has one of those games where he really turns it on and no one in the world can stop him.
I watch a bit of L1 because I have BT Sport and obviously it is nowhere near as good as our top flight and PSG have indeed underperformed. But in the competition that matters, PSG have been outstanding again this season. Yes, BM have missed a couple of key players but PSG played them perfectly. They also finished ahead of our second best team in the group stages (Man Utd), and crushed Barcelona in Barcelona. All this after finishing second in last season's competition just 8 months ago. Say what you like about them domestically (and they have won 9 of the last 10 editions) but in this competition they are VERY strong.

I'd agree City should beat them, but it's hardly a "comfortable" difference between the two because they are far too similar. Two clubs who have been bankrolled by middle eastern oligarchs, both dominate domestically (to different degrees) but both are relatively new to European success and as such, and neither have known how to win the top prize thus far.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hope Citeh win it this year. They have been consistently good to watch for a decade, the Prem title is in the bag and this should be their time.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Saw a stat earlier that said 8 of the last 9 winners were either Bayern or the team that knocked bayern out, so it would seem almost destined to be PSG this year.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
And rather than create a separate thread I see a few Liverpool fans have brought shame on their club again by smashing a window on the Real bus as it made its way to the ground

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
And rather than create a separate thread I see a few Liverpool fans have brought shame on their club again by smashing a window on the Real bus as it made its way to the ground

Disgrace aren’t they?! Getting what they deserve tonight going out limply.

Wait to see Klopp’s mask slip again and check out his bitter whining after the game.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That first sentence is quite poetic in its own way.

[tweet]1382455108395356160[/tweet]

[tweet]1382447713132892169[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here