Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Hopefully one day top level English coaching will also catch up with the Germans.

You say that but we have an exciting generation of talent coming through, possibly the highest potential crop of young players in Europe.

The FA’s strategy built around St George’s park starting to pay off and that involves a fair degree of coaching to be fair.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
You say that but we have an exciting generation of talent coming through, possibly the highest potential crop of young players in Europe.

The FA’s strategy built around St George’s park starting to pay off and that involves a fair degree of coaching to be fair.

Yes that’s what I meant. We have a lot of quality and technically gifted young players coming through, a lot more than Germany as I said. The standard of youth coaching and coaches has improved in this country dramatically in recent years as I know first hand.

But it hasn’t filtered through to to the top level yet, we clearly have very few top level British managers and coaches working in the top jobs (I mean, Gareth Southgate is the England manager FFS!). That will change though, we’re slowly catching up with the Germans, Dutch, Portugese and Italians coaches but they had many years head start on us.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Could you be any more wrong? Far fewer English players playing abroad compared to other nationalities.

Erm like who?

There has been an increasing number of youngsters going abroad in recent years. The last few years really have seen a revolution in English club academies and the Germans, for one, haven't been slow to appreciate the potential of the youngsters now emerging, and realize they can offer playing time that Premier League clubs still struggle to provide.

Just as an example (and I realise this list also includes older players) - Brits Abroad: The 21 British players in Spain, Italy, Germany & France in 20-21

and

Soccerway - English Players Abroad

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Erm like who?

Jadon Sancho is the obvious one.

Not loads but a fair few, I get the impression they'll get a better opportunity, or a fairer chance to develop . . . . Maybe the Euro leagues are more patient and less instant return/money orientated, not quite so cut throat . . . . Like NSC is when someone isn't weapons grade good in 15 minutes.

I tihnk thelifestyle is probably better ( although not from our point of view ;-) )

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...kly-update-sancho-kenny-matondo-lookman-11267

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Jadon Sancho is the obvious one.

Not loads but a fair few, I get the impression they'll get a better opportunity, or a fairer chance to develop . . . . Maybe the Euro leagues are more patient and less instant return/money orientated, not quite so cut throat . . . . Like NSC is when someone isn't weapons grade good in 15 minutes.

I tihnk thelifestyle is probably better ( although not from our point of view ;-) )

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bunde...kly-update-sancho-kenny-matondo-lookman-11267

So you have named the obvious one but like Lamptey could not see a way through to the first team.

The link you put up i would not class as talent.

Mind you i do wonder if some talent is missed and these 18/9/20 just give up and could be the next Messi.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So you have named the obvious one but like Lamptey could not see a way through to the first team.

The link you put up i would not class as talent.

Mind you i do wonder if some talent is missed and these 18/9/20 just give up and could be the next Messi.

I guess its down the mentality and type of player alongside the style of football and ethos of the club . A bit like bands, some never make it in America ( kinks/Oasis being good examples) and some are MEH here but massive there, Bush for example. less said about euro pop the better!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Golden Generation? :lolol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Tottenham in deep shit vs Dinamo Zagreb. Zagreb just scored in extra time, 3-0. Spurs only need one though to win on away goals.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A shockingly subdued performance from Spurs who lose 3-0 tonight to go out 3-2 on aggregate to Dinamo Zagreb.

The knives will be out for Mourinho.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the entitled Spurs fans announce that they are prepared to allow Graham Potter to grace their club.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
A shockingly subdued performance from Spurs who lose 3-0 tonight to go out 3-2 on aggregate to Dinamo Zagreb.

I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the entitled Spurs fans announce that they are prepared to allow Graham Potter to grace their club.

Be complete reverse for him good forwards crap defence

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Potter does get praised on their main forum already. They like the idea of an actual strategy and football not based on a 1-0 win.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s a good manager, whether Tottenham are the right club is another issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It’d come far too early for him.

Levy and their fans come across as cocky, demanding trophies, fuelled by having a £1b new stadium.

A few defeats and they’d demand his sacking.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Levy and their fans come across as cocky, demanding trophies, fuelled by having a £1b new stadium.

If he goes anywhere I genuinely hope it’s to replace Southgate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

Levy is not known for his patience!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

100% Correct.

PL fans have unreal expectations and demands. Look at ourselves. GP has a core group of haters in our fanbase (and some decent folk who don’t rate him which is fine). They’ve been calling for his sacking despite the improvements he’s made to our club, our young players and our play. Every defeat leads to Potter out for some.

At Spurs it’d be 10 times worse.

We are the right sort of club for GP with a chairman who believes in him and the majority of the fanbase who back him for a long term project.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
100% Correct.

PL fans have unreal expectations and demands. Look at ourselves. GP has a core group of haters in our fanbase (and some decent folk who don’t rate him which is fine). They’ve been calling for his sacking despite the improvements he’s made to our club, our young players and our play. Every defeat leads to Potter out for some.

At Spurs it’d be 10 times worse.

We are the right sort of club for GP with a chairman who believes in him and the majority of the fanbase who back him for a long term project.

Just PL? I'm not sure. Just a certain section of football fans of any club. Look at Forest and some of their fans' feelings towards Hughton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here