Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL / EL and that sort of shite

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Under our radar people are playing CL and EL again.

Chelsea beat Atletico last night 0-1, Bayern won against Lazio 4-1 with Jamal Musiala becoming the youngest English goal scorer in the CL (17 years 360 something days). Tonight City are probably stomping Borussia Mönchengladbach while Atalanta could hopefully win against Real Madrid.

Anyone excited about this? Me neither, but guess the hype will get going in the next round or so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Chelsea beat Atletico last night 0-1, Bayern won against Lazio 4-1 with Jamal Musiala becoming the youngest English goal scorer in the CL (17 years 360 something days). Tonight City are probably stomping Borussia Mönchengladbach while Atalanta could hopefully win against Real Madrid.

Anyone excited about this? Me neither, but guess the hype will get going in the next round or so.

Excited? No. Will I watch a game? Oh yes, yes I will.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
No, not bothered especially with all the PL games on atm some of which I also don't have either the time or desire to watch.

I am old school in that I regard the competition as devalued and less entertaining since it became a so called champions league which was comprised mostly from teams who weren't champions. Knock out football is way more exciting anyway.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

Yes I am although I gave Atletico v Chelsea a swerve last night as had a feeling it would be a tough watch. Simeone is great, he won't be swayed, it doesn't matter how many good attacking players he has in his 11 and no matter their form, they will always set out ridiculously cautiously in that type of game.

Impressive win for Bayern that - they've not been great recently and I thought Lazio would give them a tougher game.

Atalanta v Real is definitely the match of the round, really looking forward to that.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I only find it interesting that the best English talent seems to leave the country.

Says a lot about the English game.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
TBH I feel a bit too football'd out given the relentless schedule of games I actually care about to get too involved in games I actually don't

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No, not bothered especially with all the PL games on atm some of which I also don't have either the time or desire to watch.

I am old school in that I regard the competition as devalued and less entertaining since it became a so called champions league which was comprised mostly from teams who weren't champions. Knock out football is way more exciting anyway.

You are not alone in that opinion. Very, very rare for me to watch any European matches now. Think the last one I watched was the Spurs Liverpool CL Final two years ago. And that was only because it was being contested by two English teams.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
How dare you not know!!!! doesn’t everyone realise this is holy grail of holy grails of football that everyone wants to be in and talk about. I mean how could this not be top of everyone’s agenda especially as it’s so easily available on BT Sport which no one has subscription to..... personally unlike the media’s hype I don’t know of anyone outside of fans of clubs playing (and even then maybe not) until it gets to semi finals etc. I can name most of Burnley or Sheffield Uniteds first team, probably even recognise them in the street but would I know who plays for Atalanta or Leipzig? And that’s just the European Cup, let alone the UEFA Cup ( like old money) which lost credibility when teams who lose European cup drop into it.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Couldn't give a flying **** about either, until the day that we are involved.

overhyped nonsense involving clubs I have no interest in.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
To be fair, he was born in Stuttgart and lived there until he was 7, when he moved to England. He moved back there to join Bayern Munich in 2019. As a 17-year-old, he has spent at least as much time in Germany as he has in England.

Yes it seems like a decision that makes sense.

And I never thought I'd say this, but they also probably need him more than we do! They were desperate for him as they don't have the same level of talent coming through as we do at the moment. Hopefully one day top level English coaching will also catch up with the Germans.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I lived in Mönchengladbach for 3 years when a teenager and went to watch them play many games in their old stadium.
Their new stadium was built within a kilometre from where I used to live.
I'll be keeping half an eye on the score tonight but expect them to take a
very heavy arbeitsversicherungsschutzenhubschrauberfahrtenrindfleischarschficken tonight.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Ye looks like they want to be in a country where the concepts of learning and improving arent ridiculed.

Harsh, but given the ‘Lol, are we ‘learning’ again lolz’ comments from time to time a degree of truth.

Not all of England though Swanny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here