Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to Celtic? Lennon Sacked

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
4 pages in and I can't see one of the few from the match day thread who would drive him up there themselves.

If Brighton win against West Brom - The message will be ''Hands Off''

If they lose, people will be filling up their tanks with petrol to '' Breach Hadrian's Wall ''

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Without knowing how accurate the website is, GP is listed as £1 million PA and Celtic £2.4 million.

https://www.sportekz.com/football/premier-league-managers-2020-salaries/
https://www.sportekz.com/football/scottish-premiership-managers-salaries/

He could get more by going to a different Premier League club though and even Scott Parker is (apparently) on £3.5 million.

Is he only on £1m per annum ?

No wonder the Club were desperate to put him on a 6 year contract

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
For all those saying he'd never go to Celtic, i think you're looking through Albion tinted specs. Being a football manager is his job. It's how he earns his money. If another company came in and offered him double his wages, of course he'd swap jobs. 99% of the population of this country would do the same. Why do football fans of clubs think that 'their' personnel would be more interested in 'the project' etc rather than cash in the bank.

Reminds me of when people say things like why would 'x' player want yo go and live in Burnley etc over Brighton, it's a shit hole.... not realising that most Burnley players live in Hale Barns the most affluent area in Manchester/Cheshire.

It's not having Albion specs on it doesn't matter how much airtime is given over to Scottish football by Talksport or the BBC it can't hide the fact it's awful, one of the worse leagues in Europe. If TB Belgium team get promoted, which they will, they be in a far higher league and we consider that team as play thing.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
For all those saying he'd never go to Celtic, i think you're looking through Albion tinted specs. Being a football manager is his job. It's how he earns his money. If another company came in and offered him double his wages, of course he'd swap jobs. 99% of the population of this country would do the same. Why do football fans of clubs think that 'their' personnel would be more interested in 'the project' etc rather than cash in the bank.

Reminds me of when people say things like why would 'x' player want yo go and live in Burnley etc over Brighton, it's a shit hole.... not realising that most Burnley players live in Hale Barns the most affluent area in Manchester/Cheshire.

Not Albion tinted specs, Premier League tinted ones.

Your observation on money is correct, but you’re completely ruling out other factors, like ‘career’, ‘family’ and ‘job conditions’.

- The SPL is a joke of a league.
- GP has just worked his way to an elite league job
- at the start of a long term project
- Great conveyor belt of young talent
- with a board and owner completely giving their backing to fulfil a long term vision

To jack that all in at this early stage would be a risky move. Later on, it’s possible. But even so, I think better jobs will be on the table.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Celtic’s income is a fraction of ours so I don’t see how they would double his salary. More likely to half it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Is he only on £1m per annum ?

No wonder the Club were desperate to put him on a 6 year contract

I guess our strikers are on championship wages too, which seems reasonable,

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not Albion tinted specs, Premier League tinted ones.

Your observation on money is correct, but you’re completely ruling out other factors, like ‘career’, ‘family’ and ‘job conditions’.

- The SPL is a joke of a league.
- GP has just worked his way to an elite league job
- at the start of a long term project
- Great conveyor belt of young talent
- with a board and owner completely giving their backing to fulfil a long term vision

To jack that all in at this early stage would be a risky move. Later on, it’s possible. But even so, I think better jobs will be on the table.

Exactly.

GP is on a long-term contract here, on a long-term project. In the unlikely event of Celtic offering him the job, he'd be expected to make them Champions next season plus a Cup thrown in, or he'd already be struggling to keep his job. He wouldn't last 5 minutes with those shruggy suck-teeth "thats football" post-match interviews if they'd just been dry-humped at St Mirren.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Potter will manage a top club within 5 years, I've no doubt. The way he sets up the team and the manner in which he dominates games hasn't gone unnoticed. Hopefully his move follows more success with us obviously.

Wallace

Nov 9, 2016
I'm not a massive Potter fan but I wouldn't imagine he would be interested in the Celtic job, up here all you get is 67 European cup, 60K fans every week, best supporters in the world etc... They all seem to forget about all the donkeys Lennon's been collecting over the last couple of years (Ajeti, Klimala, Laxalt, Barkas etc...), somehow he has even managed to destroy Duffy's career, he's shot to pieces at the moment. Rangers are running away with the league with Balogun and Goldson marshalling a defence that's only conceeded 2 goals in the league all season. Most Celtic fans want Eddie Howe but I can't see him being interested either, my moneys on Jack Ross.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here