Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter to Celtic? Lennon Sacked

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Following the thread that he’s too good for us, would he be in the picture for Celtics recruitment team now that they’ve sacked. Neil Lennon?

The lure of CL football, chances to win trophies?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Following the thread that he’s too good for us, would he be in the picture for Celtics recruitment team now that they’ve sacked. Neil Lennon?

Why step down a couple of levels?

Would be a backward step for GP.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Celtic fans have been calling for GP on Twitter the past few months.

They would love to have him... and why wouldn’t they.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

If only he would consider it!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Unless GP told TB after the Palace game “This would be a good time to leave” and has asked to go I imagine Celtic can’t afford the compensation they’d have to pay to prise him away to a lower level of football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nah - don't think so - he's done European campaigns before.

Given Gerrard's success up there, it might be a good stepping stone/recovery for Fat Frank?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Suspect he feels he still has to prove himself here, which would be true, two seasons of playing better footy but no better results than before hardly puts him up there. Journey still has a long way to go

curly69

Jan 4, 2006
sydney
What the f$%k are you trying to say, I know lock down must be hard but you need to see a doctor your losing your mind ��

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Pretty ridiculous idea.

They couldn't afford the compensation on his current long contract .... is one of many reasons why not

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Considering the quality of some of their recent managers (Rodgers being the exception) I'm pretty sure they would be delighted to have him but I'm also pretty sure he has no interest in it and that they cant afford him.

Think they are going to appoint some ex-player (maybe Larsson, currently assistant manager in Barcelona) or some Mickey O'Something who had a decent run in League Two or the Irish league or whatever.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
My hope is they take Rafa off the market. That'd mean he wouldn't be available to save Newcastle.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Lowly Celtic does have a weird allure to some players and managers.
“I couldn’t turn down such a massive club, it may not come round again etc “.
On those grounds I could see ambitious mr potter bring interested , certainly.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here