Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Update on the plum who drove into Y's car when X was driving

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
So, X has now been invited to respond to a Tribunals Service money claim. On reading the claim, Y realised that the statement from the claimant is a pack of lies. The claimant (let's call him '****') left a minor road and piled into the side of X's car (actually Y owns the car but it isn't relevant) on an A road. But ****'s statement claims it was the other way round. In order to account for the damage to the left side of X's car, **** has invented a scenario where X was signaling left but turned right, pulling out in from of ****'s car as the **** turned right, into the minor road. Unfortunately (or fortunately) X has photographic evidence of where the cars ended up. With a broken front axle and a front left wheel knocked 20 degrees out of true it would have been impossible for X to get the car where it ended up, had the ****'s lies about the incident been true. It was impossible to steer X's car let alone do the necessary 3 point turn.

Anyway, X and Y are looking forward to the court case, the little misunderstanding about X not being insured to drive Y's car notwithstanding. Update on that, Y's insurance will let anyone drive his car, except (in small print) - the spouse. Even though X and Y are not married, the insurer sees Y as a spouse. X and Y feel they can blag their way past that in the court. Y and Y have a 20 page 'storyboard' with photos and diagrams. It was the preparation of this that has kept Y off NSC today, so he tells me. ???

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In English please - I've never been very good at algebra !

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I think I got it....
two_equations_w_two_variables1.png

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So, X has now been invited to respond to a Tribunals Service money claim. On reading the claim, Y realised that the statement from the claimant is a pack of lies. The claimant (let's call him '****') left a minor road and piled into the side of X's car (actually Y owns the car but it isn't relevant) on an A road. But ****'s statement claims it was the other way round. In order to account for the damage to the left side of X's car, **** has invented a scenario where X was signaling left but turned right, pulling out in from of ****'s car as the **** turned right, into the minor road. Unfortunately (or fortunately) X has photographic evidence of where the cars ended up. With a broken front axle and a front left wheel knocked 20 degrees out of true it would have been impossible for X to get the car where it ended up, had the ****'s lies about the incident been true. It was impossible to steer X's car let alone do the necessary 3 point turn.

Anyway, X and Y are looking forward to the court case, the little misunderstanding about X not being insured to drive Y's car notwithstanding. Update on that, Y's insurance will let anyone drive his car, except (in small print) - the spouse. Even though X and Y are not married, the insurer sees Y as a spouse. X and Y feel they can blag their way past that in the court. Y and Y have a 20 page 'storyboard' with photos and diagrams. It was the preparation of this that has kept Y off NSC today, so he tells me. ???

I hope X (or maybe Y) managed to convince all and sundry they were less under the influence at the time of the incident!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Is the answer 4?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So are X and Y having an affair ? Also, why on earth have they chosen X and Y as pet names ? Are they Maths teachers ? So many questions and all anyone seems bothered about is some traffic collision.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Wikipedia:
"X&Y is the third studio album by the British rock band Coldplay. It spawned the singles "Speed of Sound", "Fix You", "Talk", "The Hardest Part", "What If", and "White Shadows"."
Those tracks offer some clues, surely?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Luckily everyone is ok, that’s the main thing.

Had it been a multiple accident it could have spelt D I S A S T E R

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I think I’ll save this for bed time reading, thank you for taking the trouble to post this [emoji106]

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Wikipedia:
"X&Y is the third studio album by the British rock band Coldplay. It spawned the singles "Speed of Sound", "Fix You", "Talk", "The Hardest Part", "What If", and "White Shadows"."
Those tracks offer some clues, surely?

Surely unmelodic 1980s German experimental synth-pop must be in the puzzle somewhere?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here