Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Veltman or Lamptey?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
With Lamptey close to a return and Veltman in the form of his life, who will Potter play?
Suspect he will switch between them [subs] for a couple of games until Lamptey is fully match fit [can do 90 mins]

I'd quite like to see Potter try Veltman at LWB and Lamptey at RWB with Webster / Dunk / White as 3-at-the-back.
Is this such a bad idea?

Shirley it would be a crime to not have Veltman on the pitch in his current form if he's fit?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
With Lamptey close to a return and Veltman in the form of his life, who will Potter play?
Suspect he will switch between them [subs] for a couple of games until Lamptey is fully match fit [can do 90 mins]

I'd quite like to see Potter try Veltman at LWB and Lamptey at RWB with Webster / Dunk / White as 3-at-the-back.
Is this such a bad idea?

Shirley it would be a crime to not have Veltman on the pitch in his current form if he's fit?

Got to be keep the shirt, unless Lamptey or Veltman can play on the other side...!?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I think Veltman could play anywhere. He is technically skilled but his greatest asset is his brain. GP got the question in the pre-CP press conference and said that Lamptey could also play as a winger, and that Veltman could play in all defensive roles including midfield.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
One thing is certain. We need Lamptey back in our 1st XI ASAP. He is the only X Factor we have.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
Lamptey needs to play. He is the only real pace we have, and can give us a real drive going forward. I know he won't be completely match fit, but he gives us a directness that no one else in the squad does/can give.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Veltman plays against teams where we need a strong defence Lamptey against teams we can have a go at.

Velts will also get plenty of game time covering the other 3 centre-back roles and Lamptey will be an ideal impact sub in games he doesn't start.
Plenty of scope for both to be well utilised.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Lamptey White Dunk Webster Veltman That is an improvement on Burn or Alzate trying to do a job on the left

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Lamptey White Dunk Webster Veltman That is an improvement on Burn or Alzate trying to do a job on the left

Although I'm sure he'd do a job, I think Veltman's too good to be shoehorned into left back.
He's good enough to cause just as much of a selection problem at any of the CB positions as much as RWB

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Although I'm sure he'd do a job, I think Veltman's too good to be shoehorned into left back.
He's good enough to cause just as much of a selection problem at any of the CB positions as much as RWB

So who do you suggest plays left back/wing back

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Veltman is my player of the season so far so to me dropping him to accommodate Lamptey is daft .

Veltman is so versatile I'd be happy to see him switch over to the other side and let Lamptey loose on his favoured side .

If Lamptey is fit then play him but not at Veltmans expense, it would be s right kick in his teeth if Potter straight swaps him imo .

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here