Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Third Test- India v England- Venue: Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad 24-28.02.2021

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Crawley (tenuous) link with Sussex but more so his bat made in my local village Robertsbridge looks like an amazing piece of willow. A forward defensive flies to the ropes

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Strange game this, seems to mostly be 4, defensive block or beating the bat.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Fantastic timing from Crawley this morning, he’s played some beautiful shots. Very impressed with him.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Wonder if we can sub Swanny in from the commentary box, him and Leach would be a great pairing on this pitch.

Might assist Broad and Anderson as well though this surface, looks good for cutters, the ball isn’t totally going through the surface like in Chennai, not yet anyway :lolol:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
‘Saved by a whisker’ according to the Indian commentators.

Well no, that ball looked like it was going over the whole time, as normal when you hit someone as tall as Crawley on the thigh.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Wonder if we can sub Swanny in from the commentary box, him and Leach would be a great pairing on this pitch.

Might assist Broad and Anderson as well though this surface, looks good for cutters, the ball isn’t totally going through the surface like in Chennai, not yet anyway :lolol:

Lets wait and see what happens when the lights come on. Accounts of England training suggest it was exploding through the surface and the fast bowlers had to be removed from the nets.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
‘Saved by a whisker’ according to the Indian commentators.

Well no, that ball looked like it was going over the whole time, as normal when you hit someone as tall as Crawley on the thigh.

Ah but lest we forget these are Indian commentators, thou shalt not question Team India in such circumstances.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Shouldn’t complain but I’m amazed the umpire gave that, at first glance I thought with that angle it was sliding down, it’s one of those an umpire wouldn’t normally give IMO.

Home umpire effect?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Well, after the anomaly of the First Test, normality is steadily returning. Root never really looked comfortable and seemed becalmed compared to Crawley. If we lose another one or two in quick succession it's all over.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I actually thought that the LBW appeal against Crawley looked more out than Root's decision.
I guess it evens itself up over the whole game.
England 74/3

In-play odds: England 5/2 India 2/5.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can we lose this before 3pm Saturday? Good race on now to prevent a clash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here