Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Everton's new ground receives planning permssion

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Everton FC's plans for a new 52,000-seater stadium have been unanimously approved by city councillors.

The club said the Bramley-Moore Dock site will be a "world-class addition" to the city's waterfront and hopes to host games there in 2024.

The £500m scheme which it's claimed will create 15,000 jobs will now go to the government for the final say.

Everton's £82m plans to redevelop Goodison Park as a legacy project were also approved.

Historic England had objected to the new stadium on Bramley-Moore Dock saying it could harm the city's heritage but this was dismissed by the city's planning committee.

_117006294_f2ee4553-9420-42db-8ba1-17de5469421b.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-56167487

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Can't wait to see who's going to be the first to hit their penalty into the sea

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
looks nice

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
Getting out of that carpark after a game will be fun , worse than Bennets field .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There’s something about a football stadium by the water I quite like. Can’t wait to go.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Is this that it or is it likely to be called in by the Govt for a Public Inquiry?

EDIT!!

Read the link Screaming J (sorry!) :-

"The £500m scheme which it's claimed will create 15,000 jobs will now go to the government for the final say."

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
It is extra deep as it is a dock so the colour is darker than the normal river.

That's costing an absolute fortune. I bet the wankpuffins can't wait to talk about the resultant debt.

I meant the main part of the river on the left. I get that on a sunny day it might actually look like that, but I can't confirm that as it's always been cloudy or night time whenever I've been there.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That'll be fun with a force 9 coming in off the Irish Sea. At least you'll be able to see the pitch though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here