Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
West Bromwich Albion v Brighton & Hove Albion
Newcastle United v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Crystal Palace v Fulham

Screenshot 2021-02-23 at 09.17.08.png

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
Well, we need Palace to continue their form and beat Fulham and Wolves to beat Newcastle. That'd be enough to put a more comfy cushion between us and Newcastle/Fulham at least - I'm not convinced we'll go down this season, our GD really is important right now.

Recruitment is always important, but I think this summer more so than ever if Tony's ambition is to be achieved. I don't mean spunking £60/70m on a single player, but smarter acquisitions. Though, that's point out the obvious.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Also worried about what happens midweek when Fulham play an extra game ( v Spurs ) to us. We catch the game up when we play Sheff Utd.

The table could look evil before we play Leicester.

Last edited:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Three away wins.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
More shooting practice

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Allardyce has the blueprint, personnel and organisational nouse for how to play against us. So we all know how that one will end.

Not sure about the other two games but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the results went against us. In fact I'm kind of expecting it. The fact that we spend as much time as we do worrying about the outcome of games we're not involved in has been the underlying narrative for 4 years now. Oh for a bit of mid-table mediocrity, just for a few weeks.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
You just know, without a shadow of doubt, Palace will roll over when they play Fulham :rant:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
If Palace set up like that against Fulham they'll get hammered.

As for us have we got anyone in the U18's that knows how to hit the net? I'm fast thinking we need a wholesale clear out of our 'strikers' and start again. We see a few flashes here or there but not one of them looks up to the part. More speculative acquisitions I s'pose .... needle in a haystack though

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not even joking when I say we will very likely lose 1-0 or draw 0-0 with West Brom and Palace will do us no favours against Fulham. We'll then finally pull clear of danger by beating United and Arsenal away.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
We seem to be completely incapable of beating teams around us in the league. Sam Allardyce will just pull the same trick as Roy did last night.

23% vs 73% possession
1 shot vs 28 shots
Final score: West Brom 1 - 0 Brighton

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Allardyce has the blueprint, personnel and organisational nouse for how to play against us. So we all know how that one will end.

Not sure about the other two games but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the results went against us. In fact I'm kind of expecting it. The fact that we spend as much time as we do worrying about the outcome of games we're not involved in has been the underlying narrative for 4 years now. Oh for a bit of mid-table mediocrity, just for a few weeks.

This is the first season for along time that there is no mid table mediocrity - teams are either trying to keep out of the bottom, or challenging at the top. I think a lot has to do with the fans not being in the stadia - all games seem to be a bit like competitive practice matches where the outcome isn’t very often as expected.

That said, One of these days we are going to score a hatful. Not sure when, or if I will be alive to see it.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate have to improve goal scoring but unless we sort out left defensive position opposition will target that area. Unless Potter willing to take gamble with Karpow when Lamptey fit get Veltman to play on that side.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I'm not even joking when I say we will very likely lose 1-0 or draw 0-0 with West Brom and Palace will do us no favours against Fulham. We'll then finally pull clear of danger by beating United and Arsenal away.

I agree with the first two parts of the statement, not sure about the the last two!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here