Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Two touches in the opposition box

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], you do the math(s). ???

I would be interested to try to understand what that means. He scored that goal in large part because Burn wasn’t watching the ball as he turned. The probability of scoring for any striker is a lot more than 3 % given that standard of defending.

Quite - I’m sorry but so much of these stats seem bollocks to me and I quite like data

xG will indicate the difficulty in a scoring chance. However I'm not sure it factors in the quality of the striker taking the shot

If it doesn’t do that and doesn’t mention the quality of the defender, then real world application is minimally useful

Offside Oz

Apr 30, 2016
a couple of seasons ago Palace beat Watford without having a single shot on target. Cant remember how (probs an og).

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
It was a tactical masterclass from the old stager. What a way to wind down what has been a long successful managerial career. Fair play to the old boy.

If it was a tactical masterclass they would have created more than two chances abd a pot shot. He just got very very lucky. If that had finished 1-1 the Palace fans would have been crucifying his lack of ambition. In fact, some are anyway. Check out the ‘embarrassing’ thread on Holmesdale.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
After Liverpool played Palace earlier this season a friend of mine told me Palace didn't have a single touch in the Liverpool box and that was the first time that had happened since they had been collecting that stat.

Palace had 5 touches in Liverpool’s area when they lost 7-0. Based on the stats, the game against us was actually more one sided than that one.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Unlucky.

The game reminded me a little bit of the match at Selhurst in 2019. We had all the play, possession, stats and shots but managed to lose the game 1-2.

Seem to remember the little french rat should have been sent off early doors but the ref bottled it, Then went on to score a cracking goal to win it 1-2 with your 2nd or 3rd shot on target, Way it goes sometimes eh.

By the way I'm still smiling now, Some way to win a game that :) Probably see you next season when we can get some fans along to enjoy the games.
We had a lot of that game, we had a go. It was a good game. Monday was nothing like that. I've never seen a team as petrified as palace on Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here