Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Dangerous hobbies.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Anyone have one?

Mine is taking photographs of signs that say you're not allowed to take photographs.

This one was of a UN police station in the Cyprus buffer zone.

The North 001.JPG

This one was in a dodgy part of Beirut

069.JPG

I have many more.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Back in the 90s I was working in Muscat. We took a new guy out there and he was keen to take a few snaps.

One evening he took a few of some massive Palace about to host the G8, or whatever it was back then, with signs clearly saying 'No pics'.

Duly nicked and carted off to the local clink, pointed rifles everywhere.

I lost it when Mr Chief, trying to act like George Raft, barked orders then knocked over his coffee on to papers on the desk.

My uncontrolled laughter could have led to a more serious detention, but common sense and a few well connected phone calls led the way out.

Don't think I have the pics anywhere.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Back in the 90s I was working in Muscat. We took a new guy out there and he was keen to take a few snaps.

One evening he took a few of some massive Palace about to host the G8, or whatever it was back then, with signs clearly saying 'No pics'.

Duly nicked and carted off to the local clink, pointed rifles everywhere.

I lost it when Mr Chief, trying to act like George Raft, barked orders then knocked over his coffee on to papers on the desk.

My uncontrolled laughter could have led to a more serious detention, but common sense and a few well connected phone calls led the way out.

Don't think I have the pics anywhere.

I'm quite careful to just get the sign with a hint of what's behind it. Part of the humour is ignoring the interesting bit and just getting the sign.

I'm also very careful not to get caught, some of the ones I've taken could have got me in a lot of trouble. The Lebanese authorities, for example, most soldiers in Lebanon used to fight in paramilitaries and terrorist groups during the civil war, you don't want to mess with them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm quite careful to just get the sign with a hint of what's behind it. Part of the humour is ignoring the interesting bit and just getting the sign.

I'm also very careful not to get caught, some of the ones I've taken could have got me in a lot of trouble. The Lebanese authorities, for example, most soldiers in Lebanon used to fight in paramilitaries and terrorist groups during the civil war, you don't want to mess with them.

Sounds like you've been very lucky rather than very careful :lolol:

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Anyone have one?

Mine is taking photographs of signs that say you're not allowed to take photographs.

I just collect comics ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here