Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Last minute chances

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Just thinking about those last minute chances we could have conceded this season. Wolves and Fulham plus the first Villa game when we possibly should have conceded a pen. Any more I've forgotten? We would really be in trouble if we had conceded those. Shows a real concentration issue and a lack of footballing nous.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Newport at the end of the 90 and the end of Extra Time

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
dd1f1ef8c4dd7be0483f4d1067fa852d.jpg

How can you forget this 9 v 1 ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just thinking about those last minute chances we could have conceded this season. Wolves and Fulham plus the first Villa game when we possibly should have conceded a pen. Any more I've forgotten? We would really be in trouble if we had conceded those. Shows a real concentration issue and a lack of footballing nous.

Its because we do not close down games well. I mean by that we don't stop teams from getting out of their half. Today is a prime example, how many teams would have let them run through the midfield? Not many is the answer. I've said it time and time again we're too nice. You never see us moan at the ref, see us scream to get a freekick, stop play early. We play like our managers demeanour, Hughton and Potter are the same, too nice.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

So very true. I'd add Sheffield United to this list as well (on top of Newport and Leicester as others have mentioned).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here