Votes: 22 37.3%
  • That rancid 5-0

Votes: 37 62.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
What was harder to take? I personally think tonight's result was a low blow. To have that much possession and that many shots and still fail to capitalise. Obviously the 5-0 was horrendous due to the score line but today in our own ground...

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
5-0 was depressing (I was there and it was my birthday) but at least I was there. There was plenty of gallows humour tied in with that depression and we were punching well above our weight at that point anyway.

Tonight, I sat alone on my sofa and watched a predictable collapse from the all passing, low scoring performance art project we’ve become as we failed to convert our 762 half chances. I can’t even go for a pint with my dad to get over it. I know which is harder to take.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I’m still pissed off about the 5-0, five thousand + Albion fans turned up, unfortunately our team didn’t :annoyed:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Undoubtedly the 5-0. It wasn't just the match: it was being kept behind listening to the gleeful match announcer replaying the goals and then the march through the streets of south London - in the opposite direction to where I wanted to go - that put the tin hat on it.

It was my worst experience at a football match bar none

At least I was at home last night

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
No matter how bad last night was and it was, it doesn't compare to being locked in their shithole of a ground watching and listening to those wankers scoring goal after goal...

You know what they say there's nothing like being there :lolol:

Fozzyboy

Jul 5, 2011
Worthing
The 5-0 was awful but also expected as we were poor back then. I remember just hearing that name Andrew Johnson over the tannoy (3 times Grrr) & the "Glad all over" was something nobody in the away end could forget. Tonight however, I thought was worse. Only because there was an expectation for us to win tonight & to lose in that style made me think about all the smug Palace fans, players & coaching staff. I hate football today

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Last night was bad - there is no way that the team should have lost that game. In my opinion it shows that a soft underbelly exists with this team and Potter needs to fix it. Fulham will take a lot of confidence from the result and can keep their momentum going.

It is crucial that the team get a win against WBA now - anything less and the club gets dragged back into the relegation mire.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
The 5-0. If the result wasn't bad enough after not having played them for 13 years, being kettled in outside Selhurst for an hour and a half after the match was abysmal. And I missed a British Sea Power gig as a result. What a truly shitty day that was.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I can't believe people are comparing a game nobody could attend with the 5-0 (or the 3-1, or the play off).

Last night was absolutely shit but at least it was laughably so. A freak result after we battered them.

The above results took weeks to get over. Last night? Will have forgotten about it tomorrow morning.

My god though last night is a reminder of how much you need to enjoy games like winning 3-1 with 10 men, or Knockaert curling in a winner top bin when they do happen.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There were positives to take from last night.....that can't be said about the 5-0.

The only positive was that it simply confirmed what most people know already. We aren't good enough and can't score for toffee.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Anyone that doesn't say the 5-0 drubbing was not at the game... I have never wanted to smash an announcer more than that night....

Announcer: "Dougie" Palace fans shouting "Freeman"... Leaving the ground was a mare too. Riot police shoulder to shoulder creating a path bath to the the station. One of the worst matches ive been too. The anticipation for the that game was immense. First meeting in over a decade, to end like that.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
That 5-0 was the worst experience of my life when it comes to football. I can still hear them chanting ‘Coppel is a Palace fan’

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here