Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How would you feel if Gus was announced as Manager tomorrow?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
How would you feel if Graham left and Gus was announced as Manager tomorrow?
And how do you think he would do with this squad?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I mean...not gutted

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd give him a go as our home game manager and leave Potter for the away games.

Brighton then becomes the most innovative and intriguing club in the world and we win the PL title.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How would you feel if Graham left and Gus was announced as Manager tomorrow?
And how do you think he would do with this squad?

Shut up Tim you’ve been on the Fosters Lite again

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Potter's doing brilliantly imo. Not his fault his strikers are shyte. Look at the xp stats. We are one piece of the jigsaw away from being a really bloody good side. Whether we'll actually complete the jigsaw, who knows, but **** me it's becoming ever-more frustrating watching us trying to score bloody goals

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I be gutted he was great but was looking to go to bigger and better things. Yes tonight hurts but Potter is the future Gus was the past

barmyarmy

Banned
Feb 6, 2021
Wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. Potter is not effective and no matter how attractive the football may be we still have not progressed since Houghton.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
He’s on same level as potter. Not potters fault we have a pathetic option list of strikers.

Have to somehow scrape to 37 points and then hope we clear them out and bring two new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Could happen.

We like to do things on the cheap as far as managers go, and providing they are the same size, we wouldn't have to splash out on any new training kit for Gus Poyet, so the fact he has the same initial as Potter, makes it a real possibility.

Look after the pennies and all that............

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Defiantly no better than potter. Ran out of ideas at the top level and the game is harder now,
Will always be grateful for what he did in terms of transforming the club though.
I’d loved to have have him playing in this side though when he was in his prime

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wouldn’t rule out Poyet actually.

BUT, Tony wouldn’t make a change at this point of the season. We saw he let Hughton run his course. And that was also different as he cited the performance as well as the results being a factor.

We’re definitely getting the performances under Potter. Most games. And until tonight we were getting results as well.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Anybody else think Gus looked unwell?

He always looks a bit unwell. Worry about his intensity.

Was interesting watching him dissect the performance. He seemed to suggest that Potter didn't have a plan but had finally thrown men forward at the expense of midfield creativity in the last ten (apologies if this has been covered in the other Gus thread.)

Hughton was majestic organisationally but Poyet and Potter are surely the two best tacticians we've had. Would be funny to see Gus back. Remember seeing him tell the defence how to be a bunch of own-brand Beckenbauers with the help of a ginormous rope and some teeth-clenching on the Sussex Uni training pitch

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He’s on same level as potter. Not potters fault we have a pathetic option list of strikers.

Have to somehow scrape to 37 points and then hope we clear them out and bring two new ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Counter point: Potter has been in charge for four transfer windows and brought with him his own recruitment guy. He needs to take some responsibility for the options in his squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here