Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I do understand football. You judge forwards on goals, I judge them on what they contribute in a 11 vs 11 game of football. With your very simplistic way of seeing it, Firmino wouldnt get a game in Liverpool last season (when they won the league), Bergkamp wouldnt get a game in Arsenal for his last few years or to take a more similar example, Kevin Davies wouldnt have played pretty much every game for a successful Bolton side back in the early 00s. Forwards are able to contribute plenty of good things to good teams despite not scoring lots of goals. Thats the proven reality.

I repeat, you do not understand football.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think there is a good argument to change quite a lot up top. Connolly looked dangerous at Burnley and Welbeck seems to be fit again. I also like idea of Tau behind the striker(s). He have a lovely weight of pass..

In terms of Maupay, he’s better at holding up the ball than the other two.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Players this season to have scored more than Maupay

Salah
Fernandes
DCL
Kane
Son
Bamford
Vardy
Gundogan
Watkins
Wilson
Barnes
Rashford
Sterling
Zaha
Aubameyang
Ings
Lacazette
Maddison
Soucek
Mane

Surprised Ings has only scored 1 more goal

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Stop talking shit you sanctimonious bell-end. He "understands football" no better or worse than you, he just doesn't agree with you.

He has an opinion, I have mine, you have insults.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
As I said on the match thread. Imagine Maupay with the chance Mateta scored. He'd have taken one touch to control it, one to try and turn, and a third to shoot, which would have either been blocked, or he'd have had the ball nicked off him.

We simply need to upgrade if we're going to go the next step. I miss Murray's finishing so much right now

This.
If Murray had come on for 20 minutes in last night's game he would have scored and we would have won.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Guy always wants 100 touches on the box never hits it first time, makes bad decisions like shooting when he should pass it sideways to better placed players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It's his decision making that really frustrates. Nutmegs the defender and then neither looks up for the square ball or unleashes a proper shot at the near post. The indecision leads to a lame toe poke and in typical gallic style he starts gesturing and pointing like it's someone elses fault. He can hold the ball up but when it matters he needs Murray's quickness of mind.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Overall he is the best we have got so we have to work with him. He has been decent for what we paid for him. Anybody who impresses at PL level as a striker will just not be available, at least for us to buy. PL teams do not sell goalscoring strikers. He looks much better when he has a partner up front to play with, and I do not mean Trossard 'buzzing' around.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
He struggles. As time goes on, devoid of confidence, it is clear he still has some way to go to meet the requirements to be a PL goalscorer.

May never get there sadly.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He struggles. As time goes on, devoid of confidence, it is clear he still has some way to go to meet the requirements to be a PL goalscorer.

May never get there sadly.

But looks to be in good company this season in the PL scorers table...

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
So do you. Saying "you do not understand football" is clearly insulting on a football message board. Only a simpleton would say otherwise.

So you need to weigh in, huh? How many more of your near fifty thousand posts are so enlightening and full of insults I wonder?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
But looks to be in good company this season in the PL scorers table...

Number 21 in the top scorers list. We are one of 20 teams in the PL.................that is why we are where we are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here