Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maupay is a 'difficult' personality and I believe that GP would prefer not to be working with such difficult personalities. Hence he will be off and it will be our loss.

This is an observation and not intended as a criticism of GP. He likes a tightly night group who all buy into what the squad are looking to achieve. It is perhaps one of the reasons why GP is content to remain here rather than reach for a greater challenge, a bigger club where there is more a need to cater to the needs of 'Billy Bollocks' internationals.

Something to be said for what you say l think. The Albion mantra has long been about togetherness, and the squad as a whole being greater than the sum of it's contituents.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
potter says if we were to look for someone it would be a similar profile to welbeck. certainly sounds like we might be looking then. and that type of signing certainly fits with what a lot of us expected on here

[tweet]1559067635312168968[/tweet]

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
potter says if we were to look for someone it would be a similar profile to welbeck. certainly sounds like we might be looking then. and that type of signing certainly fits with what a lot of us expected on here

[tweet]1559067635312168968[/tweet]

An ex England striker who's played for a few of the top6 with injury issues? Where is Daniel Sturridge playing now?

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Not, entirely sure. Given he's got a year left on his contract, then yes. He's scored c9 goals a season in the 3 seasons he's been with us, and there aren't many better returns in the bottom half of the PL.
But, unless we sell him in the next two weeks, we'll get nothing for him and have the potential of LPMdM becoming Le Grand Sulk for the rest of the season. On balance, I'd take it, and thank him for the memories.

That's where I was coming from but yeah the goals need to come from somewhere....

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I get the impression that we are always on the look out. We have that many paid professional scouts (whatever they are called these days) out there who have to justify TB’s investment in them.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
I get the impression that we are always on the look out. We have that many paid professional scouts (whatever they are called these days) out there who have to justify TB’s investment in them.

I agree but surely if there was no real intention to replace maupay we would have got the usual 'happy with our options...we have to make our money work harder...prefer developing the players we have' lines from potter. quite unusual for him to mention a specific profile we'd be looking for

scooter1

How soon is now?
I agree but surely if there was no real intention to replace maupay we would have got the usual 'happy with our options...we have to make our money work harder...prefer developing the players we have' lines from potter. quite unusual for him to mention a specific profile we'd be looking for

I think we replaced Maupay(with Undav) before it was considered that we might sell him.
GP obviously sees Undav as an upgrade and with Maupay seemingly in the last year of his contract and seemingly told he will get less game time this season, it's time for him to go.
As it stands we'll still have a striker to fill the angry shoes in Andone, who seems unable to find a new club at the mo

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we replaced Maupay(with Undav) before it was considered that we might sell him.
GP obviously sees Undav as an upgrade and with Maupay seemingly in the last year of his contract and seemingly told he will get less game time this season, it's time for him to go.
As it stands we'll still have a striker to fill the angry shoes in Andone, who seems unable to find a new club at the mo

Forget Andone, he will never play for the club again.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Baffling though that Undav didn’t really get many more minutes than Maupay in pre season

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here