Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Neal Maupay...SIGNED FOR EVERTON.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Can someone please help me with this?

25 attempts on goal, 77% possession and our leading striker has offered up absolutely NOTHING.

Doesn’t find space for chance creation, can’t hold the ball up, first touch lately has been on a par with CMS and he wins nothing in the air.

What does he actually do?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
DREADFUL. Needs an extended time out. Wayyyy too arrogant for his lack of top level ability.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

lhughes

Nov 27, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Just going through a bad bit of form. I've been calling for him to be left out for a while now though.

May do him (& us) some good for someone else to be given a run.

Welbeck done so much more in half the time tonight & that's what bothers me right now, he doesn't add much at all, not just the goals

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
He's not a bad player, but in terrible form and therefore low on confidence. That said, his decision making and composure has never been particulary good, not even when at Brentford. Still, he'll be better with another striker up alongside him if he's to stay in the side. He's not a forward that is suited to playing the lone striker role imo.

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
I've never known a player to make so many bad decisions in and around the box. Literally every time when he should pass, he shoots and when he should shoot, he passes.

Touch of a pinball machine as night as well.

Wtf has happened to him this season

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
GP, in my opinion, is playing the best XI out there in a formation that largely suits them, but as a result I don’t think he’s getting the best out of Neal. Have always, always felt he does better with Connolly up top with him. He played as part of a front three at Brentford didn’t he? Trossard and Ali Mac, for all their qualities, aren’t strikers.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Very poor.

Others should be getting opportunities now

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
As I said on the match thread. Imagine Maupay with the chance Mateta scored. He'd have taken one touch to control it, one to try and turn, and a third to shoot, which would have either been blocked, or he'd have had the ball nicked off him.

We simply need to upgrade if we're going to go the next step. I miss Murray's finishing so much right now

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Can tell you something he doesn’t do. Hasn’t scored in open play at the Amex since the last minute winner against arsenal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Defenders have learnt to close him down quick as his first touch is lacking and from that point on he is struggling, although it doesn't help playing him up top on his own he is not that type of playing.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Excellent link play and movement is what he do, giving his team mates multiple chances to score every game. A good Premier League forward though just like everyone else I'd like to see him score a bit more.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maupay is still the man most likely to bag the 4 or 5 goals we need from a striker to keep us up.

razer

Mar 10, 2019
Ormskirk, Lancashire
As has been said above I don't think Maupay performs to his best as a lone striker and we rarely play two out and out strikers for a full game. I would like to see a run of games where we try that and lose a midfielder. There may not be as many chances created but with two strikers there would be double the chance of converting them (in theory of course).

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
As I said on the match thread. Imagine Maupay with the chance Mateta scored. He'd have taken one touch to control it, one to try and turn, and a third to shoot, which would have either been blocked, or he'd have had the ball nicked off him.

We simply need to upgrade if we're going to go the next step. I miss Murray's finishing so much right now

He undoubtedly would have turned in to the defender and lost it

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here