Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom Just Sign a Proper Striker. End of.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm still on the Andone is the messiah bus.

Far more chance of him solving the problem than Tony signing a better stiker. IMO.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Get rid of

Locadia - wages
Izquierdo - wages
Ali j -5m
Andone - wages
Maupay - 15m

There’s £20m to spend and a lot of spare wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apart from Izquierdo, all of those have at least another year on their contracts. Can’t just cancel their deals and get rid to save wages. This is why splashing out on a striker is such a big risk.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Because whilst he has pedigree, through his whole career he hasn’t really been a goalscorer?

Not hindsight, I said it before kick off, he should have started tonight, I want to see what he can do especially when Lamptey is back and such a shame Solly is out.
His lack of goals has had a lot to do with injuries, we cant score yet we have an England international on the bench.
You may well be right but at least give the man a chance to prove he is crap.
With Solly,Lamptey, Lallana all on the pitch and Welbeck up front I think we would be scoring goals.

Ethelwulf

Apr 6, 2020
West Worthing
I have had enough of fans making excuses about budgets and finances. If need be sell either White or Bissouma to fund it.

None of our current strikers are good enough for what we need. We have tried doing it on the cheap so many times and in different ways

I will always be grateful for what Bloom does for us but enough is enough. This has been a huge blind spot and needs sorted next season.

Wow yes we need a striker but come on enough is enough is way over the top and harsh

We have had no fans in the ground for a year at full cap and losing millions each month .As fans we are just going to get used to the fact unless our youth team finds a gem or we get lucky with a punt that top top striker is never coming

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Not hindsight, I said it before kick off, he should have started tonight, I want to see what he can do especially when Lamptey is back and such a shame Solly is out.
His lack of goals has had a lot to do with injuries, we cant score yet we have an England international on the bench.
You may well be right but at least give the man a chance to prove he is crap.
With Solly,Lamptey, Lallana all on the pitch and Welbeck up front I think we would be scoring goals.

I will absolutely support him on the pitch. But not convinced. Same with Lallana I’m afraid (sadly as I expected great things from him).

Just don’t think we’ve recruited well in the striking department. I think Zequiri may come good, but long term.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Said before like it or not until we pay next level wages it won’t improve look at villa

We are not far off those wages now. Lallana reportedly earning not far shy of £100k same with Dunk.

I agree we need to sell and reinvest where we really need it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Idiotic attention-seeking thread.

OP, put your money where your mouth is and buy the club, then.

Pillock.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
We are not far off those wages now. Lallana reportedly earning not far shy of £100k same with Dunk.

I agree we need to sell and reinvest where we really need it.

Sorry but lallana is not the answer a waste of money and a sick note defo a backwards step and if those wages are true wot a waste could of been spent better on a better quality striker

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Well we’re not getting rid of Locadia are we? Stuck with that losers wages for another year.

Locadia is a great example of what you’d be lumbered with if you think that signing a striker is as simple as the Chairman ‘getting the cheque book out’ to pay a multi-million transfer fee.

Who uses cheques these days anyway?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Its not just signing. Striker, its playing with pace, incision and purpose. We're so ponderous and slow virtually every team has time to skin up, make a pot of tea and some toast before we've stopped passing it sideways elevnty thousand times on the half way line.

Too good to go down though.

That ponderous play created 25 shots, that's a huge amount. Some of those chances were gilt edged almost certainties yet no we missed them and the best, Lallana's weren't even on sodding target.

It's not the ponderous play that's the issue. (Apart from the first half was poor overall)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Who is this striker and who is going to pay for him? There's no money. Look at the last transfer window, fecking Liverpool who sells a billion t-shirts in China and probably got McDonalds sponsoring their arse hairs had 42 central defenders injured and all they could afford to get was some miserable loan defender from Schalke and "Ben Davies" from some Championship team. There's no money.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Easier said than done but we do seem to be useless at selling players we dont want anymore. Somehow we need to shift Ryan, AJ, and Locadia & use the wages for a new striker.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I will absolutely support him on the pitch. But not convinced. Same with Lallana I’m afraid (sadly as I expected great things from him).

Just don’t think we’ve recruited well in the striking department. I think Zequiri may come good, but long term.

It is fair to say that we have taken on 2 injury prone players with the experience and pedigree to give us goals in the hope that it was going to work out, both been injured since they arrived.
Next season is next season, we need to find some goals now with the players we have, somehow.
As for Maupay, it is an extroardinary run of missed chances for the game time he gets but he is a good striker, he has shown that, it is all a bit bizzare.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That ponderous play created 25 shots, that's a huge amount. Some of those chances were gilt edged almost certainties yet no we missed them and the best, Lallana's weren't even on sodding target.

It's not the ponderous play that's the issue. (Apart from the first half was poor overall)

Exactly.

The finishing was a new low tonight. Atrocious. Lallana couldn’t even hit the target from 5 yards. I will, but I’m genuinely wondering if I can forgive him for it.

If the manager sets up a team that creates close to 30 chances in a game, surely they are doing something right. I mean, Just taking 10% of those would have us winning most games.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Easier said than done but we do seem to be useless at selling players we dont want anymore. Somehow we need to shift Ryan, AJ, and Locadia & use the wages for a new striker.

Problem with selling players that we don’t want is that someone else needs to want them enough to match the wages that we are paying for them before even thinking about paying a transfer fee. This isn’t a problem that’s particular to Brighton though; there are plenty of players in squads of Premier League and recently relegated Championship clubs that are picking up 50K+ a week for not even making the starting 11. Wasn’t Jack Roswell on over 100K when Sunderland fell into League 1?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here