Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Agreed but he brings so much more to the team than Lallana imo and is not knackered after 20 mins. Neither are much of a goal threat in fairness.
    Yer he is really good, Lallana looked good early season but coming on as sub has looked unfit and off the pace which is a real shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by rogersix View Post
      so, how much would you sell them for, and to whom?

have you thought this through?

again,

why are you not in football recruitment?

cos you would make a shitload more money
      They do not get it do they?

If the club could neve got money for Locadia or Ali J they would have been gone long ago!!

0 Not allowed!
      Andone could be the answer given what we have seen he's capable of. Got to get his head in the right place admittedly but we do already own him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by southstandandy View Post
      I think we all need to calm down a bit. Of course last night hurts but this season is to all intents and purposes following the previous 3 we've had in the Premier League.
      You surely donít think everyone has the same opinion and attitude do you?

I am quite calm and confident we will be safe.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      I think Lallana and Welbeck were supposed to give us that. Both have been injury prone and in Lallanaís case embarrassingly awful in front of goal. An expensive gamble gone very wrong so far.
      The money they are costing ( 2 goals between them ) would have covered a year long loan for Olivier Giroud
      Sensible madman

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by carlzeiss View Post
      The money they are costing ( 2 goals between them ) would have covered a year long loan for Olivier Giroud
      Which would have been great if he had any interest in joining Brighton and if Chelsea had any interest in letting him go to Brighton, both of which are highly unlikely.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Aguero contract up at Man City this summer. Could be worth breaking the bank for?
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Reddleman View Post
      Can you actually read? As I said in my post we could sell either one of our top assets or as others have pointed out sell some of the many squad players we have to fund the purchase.

I would have liked to see us sign one of Watkins, Wilson or Edouard in the summer. I see Villa, Newcastle. Southampton as teams we should be competing with. And what have they all got, that’s right, a very good out and out centre forward.
      Well let's make sure we get one with the extended guarantee, because I guess when we splash out on this one special out and out striker, we will have to take a chance and won't be able to use the benefit of half a season's hindsight before we sign them.

Obviously, we wouldn't want to take a risk and get a Depoitre, Mousset, Locadia, Sturridge, Kean, Higuain, Benteke, Morata, Joelinton, Haller etc. We would want to be sure we were signing someone who is proven in the Premier like Wilson, Watkins (who we now know is proven because we have half a season's hindsight) or Edouard (who is proven in Scotland !) and isn't going to get injured
      Last edited by WATFORD zero; 23-02-2021 at 11:03.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Who is Southampton out and out centre forward? Danny Ings with 1 goal more than Maupay?
      Are you honestly suggesting that Danny Ings isnít a better player than Maupay? Is that really what you are trying to elude to? Like, for real?
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Reddleman View Post
      Are you honestly suggesting that Danny Ings isnít a better player than Maupay? Is that really what you are trying to elude to? Like, for real?
      I'm just saying, Danny Ings has 1 more goal than Maupay this season
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010