Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tony Bloom Just Sign a Proper Striker. End of.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I have had enough of fans making excuses about budgets and finances. If need be sell either White or Bissouma to fund it.

None of our current strikers are good enough for what we need. We have tried doing it on the cheap so many times and in different ways

I will always be grateful for what Bloom does for us but enough is enough. This has been a huge blind spot and needs sorted next season.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Welbeck is, he just isn't fit enough to play all the time.

'I will always be grateful for what Bloom does for us but enough is enough'.

Yes, I think he probably has done enough for us. That's why I never ask him for more.

As for the elusive super striking silver bullet, if there is one available he is unlikely to have us as his first choice. A team in our position will always be taking a punt.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Welbeck is, he just isn't fit enough to play all the time.

'I will always be grateful for what Bloom does for us but enough is enough'.

Yes, I think he probably has done enough for us. That's why I never ask him for more.

As for the elusive super striking silver bullet, if there is one available he is unlikely to have us as his first choice. A team in our position will always be taking a punt.

Didn't PB say that the Albion weren't going to spend
£50 / £60 million on that elusive striker ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Transfer window isn’t open.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Didn't PB say that the Albion weren't going to spend
£50 / £60 million on that elusive striker ???

I should hope they don't. Albion can't afford that. Any contract sales are likely to have sums going back to fill the hole.

£50m strikers don't come to these parts anyway- and there is never a warrantee attached, which some fans seem to think there is.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I have had enough of fans making excuses about budgets and finances. If need be sell either White or Bissouma to fund it.

None of our current strikers are good enough for what we need. We have tried doing it on the cheap so many times and in different ways

I will always be grateful for what Bloom does for us but enough is enough. This has been a huge blind spot and needs sorted next season.

Agree sell White - we are well stocked at the back

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
We could sell White, Bissouma, Ostigard, Baluta, Molumby, Ali J, Propper for well over 100 million and not be much weaker IMHO.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Its not just signing. Striker, its playing with pace, incision and purpose. We're so ponderous and slow virtually every team has time to skin up, make a pot of tea and some toast before we've stopped passing it sideways elevnty thousand times on the half way line.

Too good to go down though.

lhughes

Nov 27, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Been also saying this for a while now.

I'm wishing we sell a lot of fringe players (Ali J, Tau, release Izquierdo, Ryan, Bernardo, Duffy, Locadia, maybe even Propper if he's not going to be played)....surely that gives enough for a decent striker?

I do wonder with how good we play & still lose, how high up the table would we be with a top class striker 😲

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Yeah Tony open your cheque book, not like he has already ?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Lots of people on this thread ignoring some very obvious points

We can't just sell all the players not in the team. The transfer market has all but collapsed
We lost £67m last year

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
We do need a massive clear out of our forwards in the offseason. We seem to have a whole lot of bit players rather than consistent players.

Don't expect them to score all the time but it's the easy misses that suggest what we have isn't up to a PL standard which is required to not be down the relegation zone area every season.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Been also saying this for a while now.

I'm wishing we sell a lot of fringe players (Ali J, Tau, release Izquierdo, Ryan, Bernardo, Duffy, Locadia, maybe even Propper if he's not going to be played)....surely that gives enough for a decent striker?

I do wonder with how good we play & still lose, how high up the table would we be with a top class striker [emoji44]

I’m not sure we’d raise enough for a good meal from that lot let alone a striker.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Get rid of

Locadia - wages
Izquierdo - wages
Ali j -5m
Andone - wages
Maupay - 15m

There’s £20m to spend and a lot of spare wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here