Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings - Albion v CP (22 Feb 21)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Sanchez - 4 Called into action to pick the ball out of the net.

Veltman - 9 MOTM
White - 3 His pathetic error created something out of nothing. Wasting attacks before that.
Dunk - 5 A mixed bag imo. Some suicidal moments near the centre circle, only just recovering.
Burn - 3 Sorry his fan club, I thought he was shite for the opener, he screwed up several forays forward.

Bissouma 6.5. Awful first half, measured second.
Alzate 2 Out muscled, half asleep, a little man out of his depth tonight.
Trossard 5 Not at the races first half, single handedly ruining our attacks. Big improvement after the break.
Mac Allister 7 He was surprised at his substitution, so were we.
Gross 6

Maupay 2 God he was awful at everything.

Welbeck 2
Lallana 2
Jahanbakhsh 2

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Sanchez 5 - didn't have a lot to do but failed to do anything when called upon

Veltman 9.5 MOTM - immense display let down by the shite he has to work with
White 2 - done on the first goal, played the last 5 minutes like he was drunk
Dunk 4 - not his usual commanding self
Burn 2 - another of those weeks where he looks like a competition winner
Alzate 3 - did **** all

Bissouma 5 - a rare anonymous game
Gross 5 - also anonymous but that's not as rare
MacAllister 3 - did **** all

Trossard 6 - showed some endeavour, no edge
Maupay 4 - had his chances, keeps making bad choices

Subs:
Welbeck 6 - probably our most adventurous attacking player, could have had a hat-full if our passing was better
Lallana 2 - everything he touched turned to shit
Jahanbakhsh 1 - gets 1 for making his way to the ground (presumably) unaided

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Sanchez 5

Veltman 8
Dunk 6
White 5
Burn 5.5
Alzate 5

Groß 6
Bissouma 6
Mac Allister 6

Trossard 5.5
Maupay 4

Welbeck 3
Lallana 3
Jahanbakhsh ?

I thought Burn did alright second half. Yeah White made a stupid mistake but nine times out of ten that would go unpunished, there were other opportunities to stop them getting in a position to score.

The subs were all awful. Lallana and Welbeck have been pretty disastrous signings unfortunately, the less said about Jahanbakhsh the better.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 6
Veltman 9.5 MoM, obviously
White 3
Dunk 4
Burn 5
Alzate 4
Bissouma 4
Gross 5
MacAllister 5
Trossard 5
Maupay 4

Welbeck 6
Lallana 3
Jahanbakhsh 3

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sanchez - 4 Called into action to pick the ball out of the net.

Veltman - 9 MOTM
White - 3 His pathetic error created something out of nothing. Wasting attacks before that.
Dunk - 5 A mixed bag imo. Some suicidal moments near the centre circle, only just recovering.
Burn - 3 Sorry his fan club, I thought he was shite for the opener, he screwed up several forays forward.

Bissouma 6.5. Awful first half, measured second.
Alzate 2 Out muscled, half asleep, a little man out of his depth tonight.
Trossard 5 Not at the races first half, single handedly ruining our attacks. Big improvement after the break.
Mac Allister 7 He was surprised at his substitution, so were we.
Gross 6

Maupay 2 God he was awful at everything.

Welbeck 2
Lallana 2
Jahanbakhsh 2

Harsh but hard to disagree. Potter 8/10 for 75 minutes and 1/10 for the rest
He joins Coppell and Poyet in overseeing horrendous defeats to Palace.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Sanchez - 5 - I don't know, how are you supposed to mark that? 5 I guess
Veltman - 8- mom - cuts inside and offers constant threat. Realistically could win POTS if he keeps this form up
White - 6- Yeh, wasn't a great hoof, but it's a bit of a stretch to say that's why we lost. I'm more inclined to blame the strikers
Dunk - 7 - Injected pace into our passing. A bit of a case to answer for the first
Burn - 6 - Threatened in the second half, linked really well with Trossard. Some great and some bad moments
Bissouma - 6 - Not at his best, but miles better than anything they had
Alzate - 4 - Proved he can't play wing back
Gross - 5 - Nice prods and passes, but poor delivery from set pieces
MacAllister - 5 - Not his night
Trossard - 6 - Unpredictable and inventive. Frustrating, but I would persevere
Maupay - 3 - Powder puff finishing and poor decision making. Needs to be dropped

Lallana - 3 - I got flamed in the last match ratings for giving him a 4 on the back on poor finishing, Well 3 today. That was absolutely shocking. Damian Hilton levels. He gets three for the usual nice tidy, inoffensive passing
Wellbeck - 4 - Missed the few chances he had. Did he have the desire to put his foot through the one for the scramble?
Jahanbaksh - 3 - No idea why he was promoted above those who had been on the bench. Did nothing to warrant the elevation

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Tough crowd. We just lost a game we should have won but you are scoring our players with 2 or 3. So OK are you going to score the Palace players with 8 or 9?

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Sanchez 6 Havent seen replays to see if could have done better
Veltman 9 Very good
White 7 As with Dunk seemed to have no central midfielders to pass to so in first half most passes to other CB. This could have been because poor movement ahead of them but cant see o TV
Dunk 7 As White
Burn 2 Such a poor defender cost us 2 goals
Bisssouma 6 Should have contributed more
Gross 6 average
Alzate 4 Not a wide player and contributed nothing
McCalister 6 Tried to support but let down often by poor first touch
Maupay 3 Just looked lost in crowded area with no movement or skill to do anything about it
Trossard 7 Not great but always trying to make something happen

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Sanchez - 5 a bit of sympathy as the only thing he had to do was pick the ball out of the net.

Veltman - 8 MOTM
White - 5 Not up to his usual standard.
Dunk - 5 Less than his average.
Burn - 5 I am not sure how to rate Burn he is an enigma.
Overall the defence had 2 attacks to deal with and failed with both.

Bissouma 5. I thought he was absolutely awful first half, better second.
Alzate 5 Played out of position (not real sure what that is) and didn't cope well.
Trossard 5 Not really at the races .
Mac Allister 6 The most creative of the midfield just.
Gross 5

Maupay 4 Oh dear.

Attacking in general was slow and ponderous which Palace were going to soak up all day when teams sit back and defend we still try to walk the ball through them there is not imagination to create space.

Welbeck 4
Lallana 4
Jahanbakhsh 4
Subs had not positive impact .

Overall a disappointing but not surprising display, if/when teams sit back in numbers we are nullified and do not know how to change our game plan unless everyone is on their game.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Sanchez 5 - Not sure you can blame him for the goals. Bad defending before that on both goals

Veltman 9 - Far and away the best player on the pitch
Dunk 6 - Best of the rest of the defence
White 5 - Some good and some bad
Burn 4 - At fault for both goals. Should have taken one for the team in the first one and lost his bearings for the second. Not for the first time this season.
Alzate 6 - Thought he did ok to be honest.

Groß 6 - Corners were awful and we didn’t win one of 13 corners in the air.
Bissouma 6 - Poor game by his standards
Mac Allister 5 - Didn’t really get going.

Trossard 5.5 - Anonymous first half. Better second
Maupay 4 - Needs a rest. He has missed three headers, that if he gets off the ground he scores in the last three games. All three a crucial times in the game. We badly need that 6ft striker to put those away. He also makes terrible decisions when he can set up a team mate in a better position to score.

Welbeck 3 - Not mobile enough to make a difference
Lallana 3 - His shooting practice must have been between Rugby posts
Jahanbakhsh - Why? So many better options on the bench.

Ziqiri must wonder why he is not getting a chance. He gives us much more options up front he gets behind and drifts around to drag the centre half’s out of position. He has looked good whenever I have seen him. Deserves to start. Can’t be any worse than conversions at present.

Positive - Someone will get a pasting if we finally get someone who can put the ball in the onion bag.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 5
Veltman 8 MOTM
Alzate 5
White 3
Dunk 6
Burn 5
Bissouma 5
Gross 5
MacAllister 6
Trossard 7
Maupay 6

Lallana 3
Welbeck 3
Ali J 3

I thought we really missed Webster tonight from an attacking perspective. With the way Palace set up, we really missed his drives past opposition forwards, which commit their midfielders and opens up space for our attackers.

Poor from White for the goal, but even then we could have fouled or defended better.

I like Burn, he’s whole hearted and we looked more of a threat with him left back, but he is costing us too many goals.

I also thought Maupay was okay outside of the box, the problem is he really doesn’t look like scoring at the moment.

Last edited:

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sanchez 5 - Not sure you can blame him for the goals. Bad defending before that on both goals

Veltman 9 - Far and away the best player on the pitch
Dunk 6 - Best of the rest of the defence
White 5 - Some good and some bad
Burn 4 - At fault for both goals. Should have taken one for the team in the first one and lost his bearings for the second. Not for the first time this season.
Alzate 6 - Thought he did ok to be honest.

Groß 6 - Corners were awful and we didn’t win one of 13 corners in the air.
Bissouma 6 - Poor game by his standards
Mac Allister 5 - Didn’t really get going.

Trossard 5.5 - Anonymous first half. Better second
Maupay 4 - Needs a rest. He has missed three headers, that if he gets off the ground he scores in the last three games. All three a crucial times in the game. We badly need that 6ft striker to put those away. He also makes terrible decisions when he can set up a team mate in a better position to score.

Welbeck 3 - Not mobile enough to make a difference
Lallana 3 - His shooting practice must have been between Rugby posts
Jahanbakhsh - Why? So many better options on the bench.

Ziqiri must wonder why he is not getting a chance. He gives us much more options up front he gets behind and drifts around to drag the centre half’s out of position. He has looked good whenever I have seen him. Deserves to start. Can’t be any worse than conversions at present.

Positive - Someone will get a pasting if we finally get someone who can put the ball in the onion bag.

Agree with most of this although I'd score Burn a 3, Bissouma a 4 and Alzate a 3. Potter must take the blame for the teams attitude in the first half which was appalling and for the incorrect substitutions.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Sanchez -5- didn’t make any saves but couldn’t do much about the goals
White -5- too casual for their 2nd goal
Dunk -6- decent diagonal balls and tried to get us going
Burn -6- mixed bag. Decent going forward and linking up with trossard but at fault for the 1st goal. Got too tight on Ayew.
Veltman -7- took the goal well and was always an outlet on the right
Alzate -4- can’t think of anything he did. Like the guy but isn’t a LWB
Bissoumma -5- thought he was sloppy in midfield tonight and sold himself on a couple of challenges which could have lead to counter attacks for Palace.
Gross -6- decent delivery and the odd Cruyff thrown in
Mac -6- decent build up play but final ball often missing
Trossard -7- worked really hard tonight but no end result for him
Maupay -5- too often he has his back to goal when attacking. Played better when dropped deeper in 2nd half

Welbeck -6- thought he made some decent runs and better luck with the run of the ball we might have had a 2nd
Lallana -4- got in the positions and should have finished
AJ -3- his touch was terrible and summed up with the one he didn’t control towards the end.
White

cheesy77

Feb 18, 2009
Ali J, the poor guy but come on Graham he's just not going to come good so let him go ffs. He shouldn't be anywhere near the squad, let alone coming on ahead of others on the bench tonight.

All he did tonight was miss control the ball every time it came in his direction. £17m....jesus

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

stingray

Jan 23, 2018
Great performance against a v poor team. Very unlucky yes, but our woeful striking options cost us time and time again. Can't begin next season with Maupay as main forward, he's far too limited.

Sanchez 6
Veltman 8 MOTM
Alzate 6
White 5
Dunk 6
Burn 3 - a trier but costing us points most weeks with his lack of pace, positioning and decisions
Bissouma 6
Gross 6
MacAllister 7
Trossard 7
Maupay 4

Lallana 5
Welbeck 5
Ali J 5

Potter 6 - Sd have replaced Maupay. And AJ should not be anywhere near the Premier League, he's like a rabbit in headlights

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here