Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deserve to go down?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Oh dear the apologists have all put you on ignore!

Unfortunately Potter will get the odd result but a draw is the best you can hope for. No wins in 4 against our bitter rivals who are a very mediocre side!

If you’re referring to Harry’s Lost His Tackle or whatever he calls himself, I have him on ignore (1 of only two posters) so can’t say I care. Some are getting a bit personal I can read for daring to ask such a question. I thought there might be more constructive debate but if not, I’m hardly going to miss those writing 2 lines of abuse and then :flounce: off am I?!

Your thoughts Totton on tonight’s game and how things might pan out? Think Fulham will catch us? Newcastle win more games than us, this draw habit might just be our Achilles. Better to win once than draw twice and lose the other eh?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Thanks. I’d add “again” after “dominating” though! I guess if we do, we shall have no one else to blame given the sheer volume of missed chances to turn draws into wins. That’s what I mean by deserve. But thank you for being civil, it was a fair question to ask rather than an invite to post abuse!

Sorry you are complaining about post abuse didn't you realise this is a Brighton fan forum.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
**** off, prick.

If you think a team that suffers its first loss in 8 games, during whiich we’ve beaten last year’s Champions, deserves to go down then you need to be supporting someone else.

Hey. No need for that. Play nicely.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
First loss in seven games and you take the first best opportunity to play the doomsday drum. Pathetic really.

Yes, but it was Palace this means a lot to the fans.

If it wasn’t palace and say Villa it would be annoying but you have to accept the frustrations will be higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sorry you are complaining about post abuse didn't you realise this is a Brighton fan forum.

I know :) Thought there was a new code of order following Bozzas sticky though, some people just reverting to type I guess.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
First loss in seven games and you take the first best opportunity to play the doomsday drum. Pathetic really.

But we’ve got closer to the bottom 3, than pulling away in those 7 games have we not ? So it means nothing

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
If you’re referring to Harry’s Lost His Tackle or whatever he calls himself, I have him on ignore (1 of only two posters) so can’t say I care. Some are getting a bit personal I can read for daring to ask such a question. I thought there might be more constructive debate but if not, I’m hardly going to miss those writing 2 lines of abuse and then :flounce: off am I?!

Your thoughts Totton on tonight’s game and how things might pan out? Think Fulham will catch us? Newcastle win more games than us, this draw habit might just be our Achilles. Better to win once than draw twice and lose the other eh?

I think we are bang in trouble and have always thought we were. We can’t win games at home and nicking the odd away win isn’t going to keep us up! This result could kill any confidence we may have had. We look good passing the ball around in front of the Oppo’s defence but have no punch. Hodgson worked us out, got 11 behind the ball as he knew we wouldn’t score more than 1 and tried to Nick something on the break. Fed up with data and stats ........ the buck ultimately stops with the manager and unfortunately his record shows he is not good enough!

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Oh dear the apologists have all put you on ignore!

Unfortunately Potter will get the odd result but a draw is the best you can hope for. No wins in 4 against our bitter rivals who are a very mediocre side!

Yet we’ve beaten Tottenham, Leeds and Liverpool in our recent run - or is relegation only determined on who beats Crystal Palace?

Bitter rivals? Do you get more points for beating made up - sorry - bitter rivals?

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I think we are bang in trouble and have always thought we were. We can’t win games at home and nicking the odd away win isn’t going to keep us up! This result could kill any confidence we may have had. We look good passing the ball around in front of the Oppo’s defence but have no punch. Hodgson worked us out, got 11 behind the ball as he knew we wouldn’t score more than 1 and tried to Nick something on the break. Fed up with data and stats ........ the buck ultimately stops with the manager and unfortunately his record shows he is not good enough!

Why do people insist on talking about “at home”.

Until such time as ALL fans are allowed back into grounds home “advantage” is non-existent.

Points gained is all that ultimately matters...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Er, we (Brighton) are still at risk of relegation you know. If we were comfortably mid table you might have a point. But then I wouldn’t have started the thread if that was the case. And the point is about the draws and narrow defeats where we’ve otherwise ‘thrashed’ the other team potentially costing us come the end of the season. I don’t expect you to understand mind. What with you not being a Brighton fan and all! :drink::albion2:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I've not read the thread, but the teams that 'deserve' to go down finish in 18th, 19th and 20th in the table after 38 games.

Last time I checked, Brighton wasn't one of those teams.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here