Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Why wasn't Maupay subbed?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Absolutely awful all game. Other strikers on the bench. Zequiri has looked decent whenever he's played. Inexplicable.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'm more concerned by Jahanbakhsh coming on than Maupay not going off. At least Maupay isn't a total donkey.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I'm more concerned by Jahanbakhsh coming on than Maupay not going off. At least Maupay isn't a total donkey.

Also bizarre.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh dear. The Potter Outer's are coming out of the woodwork. Beware all.

They have the right of free speech.

Just like I have the right to put them on ignore (except [MENTION=26958]oneillco[/MENTION] - he's funny :thumbsup:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Maupay wasn't subbed because the only other Prem quality striker we have was already on the pitch. The fact Potter thought Ali J was our best bench option with 10 minutes to go says it all.

frisbee

Dec 6, 2014
Hate singling out players but I think he does need a rest. Potter must be seeing something in training that is not translating on to the pitch at all. He is capable of doing good things and has scored the most this season but tonights performance was painful

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Said it before, his overall play is pretty good but he has been hopeless in front of goal recently. He either needs another striker up with him or he needs to be dropped, evidently he can't lead the line on his own.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
He's lost his instinct in front of goal , seems to think about it rather than do what comes naturally.Dosnt look like getting his head on one either yet he was pretty decent in the air last season.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I’m a potter fan but would love to ask him what, considering the way he sets us up to play, would be a typical Albion goal

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Absolutely awful all game. Other strikers on the bench. Zequiri has looked decent whenever he's played. Inexplicable.

he needs a decent spell on the sidelines or binning.

He is a very good championship CF, he's a willing runner, a good guy but he's not a PL CF. Certainly not one for any club with ambitions above the bottom 3.

West Ham buy Haller for 40m, realise he's shit and cut their losses by selling for 20.
Aston Villa buy Ally Samatta for 9 million, realise he's shit and sack him off to Turkey.

We buy Players who dont hit the mark and we just try and double down by polishing those turds harder with the same results as before.

We need more ruthlessness in the the club.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Because his link-up play was just excellent, he was involved in pretty much every single created opportunity. He was miles better than the other attacking players tonight but Welbeck is apparently holy (imagine the level of shite Maupay would have got if he had wasted the opportunities Welbeck wasted tonight), MacAllister flavour of the month and Trossard is "fun" and I dont even want to think about what Lallana was doing inside the penalty area tonight. Sure, Maupay should score more goals but setting up your team mates in excellent positions about 10 times should be enough, you'd imagine.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Would rather Connolly than Ali, needed that niggly player upfront

Let's be honest, there was no space in behind and this is his only strength, and his conversion rate is poor. That is why he did not come on.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Because his link-up play was just excellent, he was involved in pretty much every single created opportunity. He was miles better than the other attacking players tonight but Welbeck is apparently holy (imagine the level of shite Maupay would have got if he had wasted the opportunities Welbeck wasted tonight), MacAllister flavour of the month and Trossard is "fun" and I dont even want to think about what Lallana was doing inside the penalty area tonight. Sure, Maupay should score more goals but setting up your team mates in excellent positions about 10 times should be enough, you'd imagine.

He's great with his back to goal, hold it up - lays it off. Trouble is, he rarely gets the ball when he's facing the right way, and when he does (like with his nutmeg) I think he gets a bit overexcited. I still like him, but he's better at the link up work than the instinctiveness we need from a striker right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here