Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] I just do not believe what i have just watched

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020
FFS, how the mighty have fallen, we've had some great results recently, we lose a sucker punch game v the scum, and its the end of the world.
Grow up some you :facepalm:

False economy. Can't beat the teams around you, you happen to be on the wrong end of the table and then those teams around you begin to pick up results - you have a problem.

Goberpiles

Feb 25, 2017
Can anyone explain our corners to me, we have burn and dunk in the box and take short corner after short corner and even with us doing that we do the short corners terribly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
To be fair, we did similar to them a couple of years back: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47424852
We created more chances tonight than they did then, but we mugged them and they mugged us. It's football. It happens. In normal circumstances Ben White wouldn't have played the chaos inducing ball. He was taking a risk to try to give us a chance and it backfired.

Palace's players gave everything in defence and they got very lucky. We gave everything in attack and didn't. Scoring goals is always easier in an empty penalty area than in a packed one. I can be philosophical about it because this is just one game and we know and they know that we have lots of players who are getting better and they have a lot who are just getting worse.

yes ...a mugging ....a ****ing mugging , hopefully the players will get pissed off with being mugged soon and so will graham ....llana prrffftt...60 k a week , get rid of him , he brings **** all and gets in Bissouma's way ....i reckon if McAllister states on we win .....but we'll write it off as a mugging , we'll move on and we'll learn from it.....:shootself::tantrum:

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Ah yes.

Maupay, £17m. Not wasted.
Jahanbaksh £18/19m. Not wasted.
Trossard approx £15m. Not wasted.
Locadia approx £10m,he's certainly not been a waste of money.

So that's about £50m wasted over 4 years, god knows how much in wages that have been eaten up in a potential wage budget.

How much of that £50m do you think is recoverable?

If it's not the recruitment, then it's the players' management. Which is it?

Trossard did well i thought ......Maupay was abysmal and Llana was a waste of time .

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Maupay should have been off at half time,positive move bringing on welbeck and llalana but both of them were not great,llalana was especially shit.
Jahanbaksh coming on was a massive mistake as he prevented veltman from getting into the space where he had had so much joy.
We took our best player out of the game.crazy.
It's a feature of Jahanbakhsh's play - he gets in the way. FFS move him on in the summer. Seriously, we'd have been better off bringing Steele on and putting big Bob up front!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ah yes.

So that's about £50m wasted over 4 years, god knows how much in wages that have been eaten up in a potential wage budget.

The recruitment of those players does not appear to have worked out (so far). However there are also success stories. A club of our stature has to take punts in the market and develop its own players. It is rare that such a punt works out in the manner of Lamptey. Buying a few duds does not mean the strategy is the wrong one. It is within the expected probability of such an approach.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
You're right. Forget tonight and there's no way I'll be watching any playback but take each player and their faults in taking chances and someone can compare them to tonight's efforts

Maupay, always has the ball under his feet and so doesn't have many options other than a stab at with no control or direction

Connolly rushes every shot normally off balance again no control or composure, not good enough, YET for the EPL

Welbeck every chance appears to be at a stretch no control and barely a prod

Zeqiri seen nothing yet to suggest he's going to be the next star in our team, question if he's ready

Lallana the most disappointing in my view, he has lacked composure everytime and to be honest he has had some very clear cut chances where he hasn't been closed down, very poor

Trossard just takes an age to decide what to do, again normally looking downwards

Solly March was beginning to believe in himself but needs to more often, get back Solly

Gross often passes the ball back to the keeper he appears to completely lose the ability to hit the bloody thing

Propper lines up for a shot and passes it off instead

Bissouma hits and hopes eventually he gets one on target

The rest do chip in but a special mention for Burn who legs instantly turn to concrete when a chance falls to him.

I would love to know the answer because I bet they all hammer home the ball in training perhaps working with an ex-player who was prolific may help.

To blame Potter and to say if doesn't work he needs to change the tactics is just not right. Tonight we created very good chances that you would expect most pro's of all levels to have at least made the keeper extend himself, we didn't apart from one scramble and even then not one shot was cute in its execution but just whack whack whack when a little chip and it was in. You can have composure and be quick in thought we have neither.

We keep saying one day we'll click and give someone a hiding, perhaps we will but it's so bloody frustrating.

Add to that our inability to score from headers in open play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Ah yes.

Maupay is our second highest scorer in the Premier League and has netted against Spurs, Arsenal, Manchester United. Not a waste of money, just a convenient scapegoat. Trossard has had plenty of good games.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Maupay is our second highest scorer in the Premier League and has netted against Spurs, Arsenal, Manchester United. Not a waste of money, just a convenient scapegoat. Trossard has had plenty of good games.

for my money we are like the pissed bloke at 3 a.m trying to win his wages back on roulette ........in his hand he has Macalister , Alzate , Gross, Bissouma and an in form Trossard ........so how the **** does Llana get a look in ......he's a ****ing unicorn , please tell me it's a one year deal ...:cry:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
for my money we are like the pissed bloke at 3 a.m trying to win his wages back on roulette ........in his hand he has Macalister , Alzate , Gross, Bissouma and an in form Trossard ........so how the **** does Llana get a look in ......he's a ****ing unicorn , please tell me it's a one year deal ...:cry:

3 I believe with some coaching as part of the deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here