Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'We've won more than we've lost!' Our all time record againt other teams.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Which teams have we beaten (in competitive matches) more times than we've lost against?

One team per post please so that more people can have a go. Add the score if you can, thanks! :)

I'll start off with:

19 - 17 Port Vale

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
I knew them all, as I made a table.

I think we are all square when it comes to Fulham, QPR, and Newcastle United. Could be wrong! Can’t be bothered to look.

I think we’ve beaten Wolverhampton Wanderers something like 7 more times than they’ve beaten us.

Don’t have good records against Southampton and Middlesbrough, in fact, you could say that they are our ultimate bogey sides.

Jimmy Grimble

One from each league below us as I think all the Prem teams are done.

Exeter

45-28

Swindon

44-38

Millwall

40-37

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Newport County 38-18

We've also scored every number of goals between 0 and 9 in a match against them, except 6.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
That’s the one I wanted! [emoji16]

We may have the edge over the caravan club, but the sad fact is that they seem to win the important ones:

1978/79 - one draw, one loss - meant they won the title, not us
1984 - game known for 5 pens given, they go down in history as the ones to win it.
2002 - first league game in 13 years, 5-0. Worse ever experience at football
2011 - Albion unbeaten in the league at the Amex until they win.
2013 - play off semi second leg. Actually, this was possibly worse than 2002.

Surely it's time we won one that actually means something rather than a run-of-the-mill league game? The dream is for this to be the one we win handsomely (6-0) so that it turns out that they go down on goal difference by one goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here