Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cautious Optimism

el punal

I thought I’d throw this little bit of stats into the mix prior to tonight’s “caravan/beach hut derby”. At the start of lockdown nearly a year ago we had played 29 games and had accrued 29 points, 2 points clear of all but Norwich in the relegation zone. This time around our position in the survival stakes (as it stands and with fingers crossed) seems to be more comfortable - played 24, with 26 in the bag and a gap of 4 points on Fulham and much more on West Brom and Sheffield Utd.

My view is that we are a much better and stronger side than a year ago. Get maximum points against Palace and West Brom this week and we can kiss our relegation concerns goodbye. On that basis we can let Palace, Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle take over in the angst stakes. Now that would be rather jolly, doncha think? :drink:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I thought I’d throw this little bit of stats into the mix prior to tonight’s “caravan/beach hut derby”. At the start of lockdown nearly a year ago we had played 29 games and had accrued 29 points, 2 points clear of all but Norwich in the relegation zone. This time around our position in the survival stakes (as it stands and with fingers crossed) seems to be more comfortable - played 24, with 26 in the bag and a gap of 4 points on Fulham and much more on West Brom and Sheffield Utd.

My view is that we are a much better and stronger side than a year ago. Get maximum points against Palace and West Brom this week and we can kiss our relegation concerns goodbye. On that basis we can let Palace, Southampton, Burnley and Newcastle take over in the angst stakes. Now that would be rather jolly, doncha think? :drink:

Never mind yer possible results logic, "Caravan/Beach Hut Derby" did it for me.:)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
You can stick your ****ing caravan up your arse

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

Sounds easy doesn't it.

We don't do things that way though.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I'm the opposite, I have a really bad feeling about this one. Hope I'm wrong but I think the circumstances set up for a Palace win. The last time I saw Brighton fans this confident for this game was before they beat us in the playoffs. Just got that nasty feeling we could come crashing back down to earth because this is by far the biggest game of the season it would be typical us to lose it and be in a relegation fight all the way to the end. Plus this season the best we can seem to get out of these lower table teams at home is a draw.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Given the insidious description this 'derby' has hoisted on fans at the moment, I'm happy to settle on this one.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I'm the opposite, I have a really bad feeling about this one. Hope I'm wrong but I think the circumstances set up for a Palace win. The last time I saw Brighton fans this confident for this game was before they beat us in the playoffs. Just got that nasty feeling we could come crashing back down to earth because this is by far the biggest game of the season it would be typical us to lose it and be in a relegation fight all the way to the end. Plus this season the best we can seem to get out of these lower table teams at home is a draw.

Palace's next two games are critical for their season.
Not exactly must win, but certainly must not lose games for them,

I can see them being significantly better tonight, than recent form suggests.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
Palace's next two games are critical for their season.
Not exactly must win, but certainly must not lose games for them,

I can see them being significantly better tonight, than recent form suggests.

If they lose both and we win the next two then we're out of the picture and it's between them , fulham and the geordies. All seems to good to be true, every season we've been in the prem we've been in a relegation battle without actually dropping into the relegation zone, I sort of expect this season to be the same. We'll make it difficult for ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here