Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Garth Crooks team of the week

Bombardier

NSC Patron
Jul 22, 2004
Hove actually
Nice to see he has already selected his team of the week despite a certain game kicking off tonight. Thanks Garth :tosser:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Does it matter? Its not like he is watching the games anyway.

This. I have an image of Crooks using some kind of random screen scrape software that looks for reported player's names and trying to stick the first eleven names it comes up with into some kind of senseless, frightening formation only otherwise used by a nine year old on their first FM save. Then he uploads it with the standard cover note of "will that do"?

Anyone who reads it needs to give their head a wobble, Anyone who gets outraged by it needs treatment.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This. I have an image of Crooks using some kind of random screen scrape software that looks for reported player's names and trying to stick the first eleven names it comes up with into some kind of senseless, frightening formation only otherwise used by a nine year old on their first FM save. Then he uploads it with the standard cover note of "will that do"?

Anyone who reads it needs to give their head a wobble, Anyone who gets outraged by it needs treatment.

I read it for the comedy value.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Eh ? He doesn't use anything. Some work-experience 17 year old doing 'media studies' at college who has never watched a football match writes it, it's then passed to Boggle-eyes who then proceeds to not read it :)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Am I missing it on BBC Wesbite? Only Team of the Week I can find is still last weeks.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The only way we could really ram this arrogant oversight from Crooksy is to absolutely leather Palace tonight and to share a ton of goals across the team.

“Hey Garth, you have a team of the week that left out hatrick Percy Tau and 2 goals Trossard? You’re a shit columnist mate.”

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I always read it so I can be pointlessly outraged about the lack of Brighton players before I begin my Monday morning pooh.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Don't know why anybody places any credence on what Garth Crooks says, he's a self important tw*t of the highest order.

:tosser:

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Dunk picked this week, but then nobody cares what Garth thinks.

Dunky's the only one of our players that he's heard of. He's like some kid making Youtube predictions in his bedroom 'Brighton will lose, but I think they'll score. Either Dunk or Murray.'

I'd like to laugh at him for picking Milivojevic just because he scored a penalty, but after our game against West Brom, I think I would have too.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Dunky's the only one of our players that he's heard of. He's like some kid making Youtube predictions in his bedroom 'Brighton will lose, but I think they'll score. Either Dunk or Murray.'

I'd like to laugh at him for picking Milivojevic just because he scored a penalty, but after our game against West Brom, I think I would have too.

He clearly picked him for the goal he scored reading his summary, I doubt he even saw Dunk’s assist for Southampton’s equaliser!

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Garth:
“Meanwhile, Fulham, Newcastle or Brighton are in great danger of joining my relegation certainties, Sheffield United and West Brom, in the Championship next season. The problem is I can't call it.”

Incredible analysis there. Sheff U and Brom are your relegation certainties? Wow. Really sticking your neck out there Crooksy. And he’s paid money for this cutting insight mind.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Garth's picking strategy:

Which keepers kept a clean sheet? Let's pick one of them.

Can I make a full team of defenders, midfielders and attackers out of all the goal scorers for teams which didn't lose?
- Yes - then pick them
- No - pick as many as possible and get the rest from my bag of regular top-six players.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A quote from Garth's latest team of the week regarding Jesse Lingard:

"He's doing fantastically for West Ham, but he really needs to leave out the dance celebrations if he wants us to take him seriously."

Yer Da! He really is a grade A moron isn't he?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here