NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
“ With a big physical frame”

Really?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
He’s the right style of defender for them, especially paired with their best options in the future. Has flexibility of position too like Gomez. Makes a lot of sense but I thought we slapped a £50 price tag on him BEFORE he signed a contract extension and proved he can play in PL. Might well leave but better be some add ons and a better price. Sure Uncle Tony will decide what is best.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
This isn't a new rumour and is the sort of transfer we all expect him to make soon enough.

Personally I suspect he'll be persuaded to stay one more season before he makes a big money move to one of the big six clubs. Maybe that's wishful thinking because I'm actually hopeful we will have by far our most successful season ever next time round.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If they want to invest £60m in a Brighton defender, they're buying Adam Webster, not Ben White. BW is good, but still got several areas to develop. Webster is a top class PL defender.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If they want to invest £60m in a Brighton defender, they're buying Adam Webster, not Ben White. BW is good, but still got several areas to develop. Webster is a top class PL defender.

I agree, since he has cut out the silly mistakes, he has become our best defender.
Still only young, for a CB, I would think he would sell for the most, if we were selling, out our entire cabal of centre backs.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Nothing new there. Would we sell him? There is no pressure but CB is an area we are very strong. I think we'd only let him go for an exemplarily fee and I'm not sure they'll be too many of those knocking about this summer. I think they would want north of £50m and unless he makes the Euros I cannot see that happening more likely to stay at least another season when his value is likely to have increased and teams may well have more money to spend...

TB is going to want maximum value and this summer is unlikely to be it...

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
If our progress continues and we keep the squad together, next season will be immense for the players at Brighton.

The side are finally getting decent media recognition and if we get off to a good start next season we have the potential to challenge in the same way West Ham have this season.
All of our young players profiles will increase massively and they will become even more in demand, targets for bigger clubs than Brighton.

Tony Bloom will know when to start harvesting his crop. I think he may achieve his best yield in the summer of 2022.

Tony, please give us another year of this exciting bunch of youngsters and let us enjoy Argie Mac, Lamptey, White, Sanchez, Bissouma, Webster for at least one more season before they continue their careers with bigger clubs than ours.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He’s the right style of defender for them, especially paired with their best options in the future. Has flexibility of position too like Gomez. Makes a lot of sense but I thought we slapped a £50 price tag on him BEFORE he signed a contract extension and proved he can play in PL. Might well leave but better be some add ons and a better price. Sure Uncle Tony will decide what is best.

Albion have never 'slapped a price tag' on any player. And certainly not £50.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020

Hell's frozen over, I agree with you.

Webster's been my POTS so far, White's quality but he's probably where Webster was last season - Webster offers a goal threat like Van Dijk. Think Dunk's sailed past that price tag now, but we do have an abundance of CBs to develop. We have Clarke at Derby atm, so I'm not concerned about losing Webster next season.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Ben White will definitely go to Liverpool, just as Thierry Henry has become manager of AFC Bournemouth.

When will people stop taking any notice of clickbait on football websites?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

'With a big physical frame' :facepalm:

When that same press rumour is about Webster, then we know they have done their homework and we should start worrying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here