Date: Monday 22nd February 2021
Kick-off: 20:00 GMT
Referee: Kevin Friend
Assistants: Simon Beck, Edward Smart
Fourth Official: Keith Stroud
VAR: Simon Hooper
Additional VAR: Mark Scholes

TEAM NEWS

James McCarthy, who hasn't played this month because of a groin injury, will be given a fitness test.

Wilfried Zaha remains out with a thigh problem and manager Roy Hodgson is unsure when the forward will return.

Brighton's Tariq Lamptey remains out with a similar issue, while Adam Webster's ankle injury will be assessed ahead of the game.

Alireza Jahanbakhsh is back in training after a hamstring complaint and will be in the squad for the game.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Crystal Palace have won just two of the 11 top-flight meetings (D4, L5).
    [*=left]However, they have won three of their past six away league games against Brighton (D1, L2).
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are unbeaten in a club record six Premier League matches (W3, D3), keeping five clean sheets. Their only longer top-flight run without defeat spanned eight games in 1981.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have scored just four goals during their current unbeaten streak.
    [*=left]Albion could register four home clean sheets in a row for the first time in the top flight.
    [*=left]Only Manchester City have conceded as few Premier League goals as Brighton's five in 2021.
    [*=left]Graham Potter's side have drawn three of their past four home games.
    [*=left]Brighton have never won a Premier League fixture on a Monday (D6, L2).
Palace

• [*=left]Crystal Palace have lost four of their past six league games, winning the other two.
    [*=left]A win would give them 32 points, equalling their highest tally after 25 matches of a Premier League season, set in 2015-16.
    [*=left]Palace have failed to score in four of their past five away league fixtures.
    [*=left]The Eagles have not won any of their nine Premier League games played on a Monday with Roy Hodgson as manager (D2, L7).
    [*=left]Palace have lost 18 of their last 20 league matches without Wilfried Zaha, failing to score in 16 of those defeats.

Graham Potter's Palace Press Conference

Graham Potter's Palace Press Conference: Junior Edition!

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Match day at last, it’s been a long time coming. No predictions from me but we have a really good chance with this one. The stats in Dick’s o/p show that Palace minus Zaha equals losers (usually)
Come on Albion let’s clip the Eagle’s wings and let seagulls soar ! , :albion2:

BHAFC132

Mar 17, 2019
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Very hopeful for tonight, definitely feel the guys could easily win if we are on it. If we aren’t feeling 100% though it could definitely go either way. Defensively we are great let’s just see our attackers go out there and have fun with the low confidence palace

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Apparently we’ve never won on a Monday night in the PL, which has dampened my enthusiasm.

Still we’d never won at Villa Park either until this season.... [emoji2]

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So (so) excited

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Pre-match nerves beginning to kick in now.

Being comfortably the better team counts for nothing in this game, as the last 3 fixtures proved.
The last time I've seen so much pre-game confidence was the play off second leg.

Would love it if we could go above them tonight, but it's far from a formality.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Is [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] doing a ‘Best ever supporter ‘thread?

Choice of Eddie Izzard or Jo Brandt.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Apparently we’ve never won on a Monday night in the PL, which has dampened my enthusiasm.

Still we’d never won at Villa Park either until this season.... [

But, neither have they under Hodgson.

So, a draw it is then.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They will park the bus again as it’s somehow worked for them in the last 3 matches against us as we’ve only managed to score 2 goals from 58 shots.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Big game for both sides but especially for them I feel. Lose and with Fulham next they are right in the mire. Never feel truly confident in this game as it has a habit of letting me down but if we score first I think we'll win well...

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
I have been looking forward to this game for ages, a win truly means we can start looking up the table. Which means i’ll probably be bitterly dissapointed, lose 5 nil, find ourselves in another relegation battle and struggle to gain another point all season. BARBER OUT!

BHAFC132

Mar 17, 2019
Brighton & Hove Albion vs Crystal Palace *** Official Match Thread ***

Potter out.

Really? Don’t you think he’s changing it around cause I’m seeing progress, had the league started on New Year’s Day we would be 7th, does that not look like progress in our form and what the fans are wanting to see?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I won’t accept SEGW is out until the team sheet is announced.

This is a MASSIVE game for them and him

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here