Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good luck to Brighton from Brian Horton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apparently he met GP last year, GP said "you look good" and Horton responded "yes because I dont have to manage shite players like you any more".

Seems like a fun character

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Apparently he met GP last year, GP said "you look good" and Horton responded "yes because I dont have to manage shite players like you any more".

Seems like a fun character

He’s managed Brighton & played for us.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
That reminds me, I've got a limited edition Brian Horton latte mug somewhere.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
In your opinion, TB, does he get in the best Albion team of players you've seen?

I don't go along with this 'best XI of all time kind of thing - impossible to rate player from different generations and vastly different versions of the game of football. But yes, if not actually in the team, Horton would be well up there in the mix.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I don't go along with this 'best XI of all time kind of thing - impossible to rate player from different generations and vastly different versions of the game of football. But yes, if not actually in the team, Horton would be well up there in the mix.

The box to box midfielder we don't have currently.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
What a legend, chatting with fans on Twitter

[tweet]1363512337681051654[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/brian_horton4/status/1363512337681051654
Boxing Day 79. Ward tripped in first few minutes attacking North goal. Nobby steps up and gleefully THUMPS in the penalty. Cue ballistic scenes. One of my most vivid Goldstone memories.

All together now "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells.....jingle all the way, oh what fun it is to see, Palace lose away"!

Sent from my SM-A105G using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I wonder if the Nobster will put right the fundamental Brighton related error writ large in his 1st Edition???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This.

Er...yes. Just that :thumbsup: :lolol:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Also the 4th. minute red card we don't currently have!

OK. Maybe 24th. minute on a good day....................

I'm struggling to remember him ever being sent off when playing for us. And as for whether he'd get in our best-ever team, I imagine i speak for most fans of my age when I say he would not only walk into it but captain it.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
One of my biggest regrets was being hyper critical on the wireless of Nobby's defection to Port Vale in 1999, unfortunately I was acting on information received from individuals at that time within the club, that information proved to be not entirely factual, I actually think I used the word Judas which was uncalled for and bang out of order. I felt it necessary to write to Nobby and apologise which he thankfully accepted.

Then again as one door closes and all that, if Horton hadn't have gone we wouldn't have got Micky Adams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here