Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mercurial, majestic, magnificent Mitoma [20/10/23: New deal signed]

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Apart from the fact he skinned the England left back, the thing that surprised me most was how strong Mitoma is! Both Newcastle players tried to physically take a piece of him with a shoulder challenge, he hardly moved at all.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Agree.

Lamptey is relatively easy to play against if you don’t go tight.

Solly is outstanding so far, and actually seems to improve every year. Lucky to have him.

You'd think the Lamptey/Mitoma substitution is something we'll be getting used too, as it gets earlier each game.

Not exactly good news for opposition fullbacks.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You'd think the Lamptey/Mitoma substitution is something we'll be getting used too, as it gets earlier each game.

Not exactly good news for opposition fullbacks.

Quite.

Be interesting to see if Trossard moves inside as well, if those changes happen.

Mitoma also played wingback on occasions at USG, and whilst his defending will need to be improved, he can only benefit from more minutes at this level

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Apart from the fact he skinned the England left back, the thing that surprised me most was how strong Mitoma is! Both Newcastle players tried to physically take a piece of him with a shoulder challenge, he hardly moved at all.
Yes I noticed that in the espanyol friendly when he came on and did the same thing. Every time he does that tap past the defender and get to the line to pull it back it looks like the defender should be able to usher him out or outmuscle him but he seems to have a knack of squeezing past under the armpits!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This. I thought he'd be silky but very weak on the ball. Quite the opposite in fact. Think he'll become a bit of a legend.

GrossTurn

Jun 20, 2020
Yes I noticed that in the espanyol friendly when he came on and did the same thing. Every time he does that tap past the defender and get to the line to pull it back it looks like the defender should be able to usher him out or outmuscle him but he seems to have a knack of squeezing past under the armpits!
It’s the combination of close control whilst running at pace towards the byline that means he doesn’t just run it straight off the pitch and can continue dribbling it towards goal to give him time to pick his cut back option. Very few players are capable of doing all that so swiftly and consistently!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
If he had, I wouldn't have looked quite such a mucking fuppet celebrating the "goal" :lolol:

It was right in front of us, so on this occasion we knew straight away.

There was an Albion Amex goal 'that never was' last season where we went the full going mad down the aisle, hugging strangers etc ... only to be thwarted by VAR I think. Have a feeling it would've been a winner.

Pascal Gross v Stains?

faoileán

Jan 29, 2021
There was some idiot in WSU who loudly kept calling him "Tommy Takimoto" and looking pleased with himself for being hilarious. At the time I couldn't decide if it was racist or just stupid, but thinking about it, taking the p1ss out of a foreigners name has got to be racist...

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
There was some idiot in WSU who loudly kept calling him "Tommy Takimoto" and looking pleased with himself for being hilarious. At the time I couldn't decide if it was racist or just stupid, but thinking about it, taking the p1ss out of a foreigners name has got to be racist...
If he played for Newcastle I could get it a little bit but our own player?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014

Personally I think it's both.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Just seen the club’s montage of his cameo against Newcastle.

What a stunning EPL debut. What a joy the lad is. Sadly, after a performance like that, he’ll have two defenders on him next time he plays for us!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here