Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Matt Hancock/Government Break the Law

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56125462

Not much on this in the press (surprise, Murdoch etc etc), instead trying to turn our attentions away towards the current Royal Family rumblings. Anyway, are we really going to let the Government get away with yet another law breaking piece of work. It looks that way doesn't it.

It's utterly shameful that they would rather hand contracts to their mates during a time of crisis than invest the money into the resources needed ie the NHS and staff pay etc They've used a crisis to profit themselves and their friends. Abusing their positions of power AGAIN.

They really do not have any class do they. Utter scumbags. Funny how the vaccine rollout has gone so well, because it was left to the NHS and Service personnel to handle, not some private dodgy firm, that's then only credibility they'll get from this.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Boris and chums corrupt, you say? ???

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Depressing how apoplectic some people get over a few statues of racists being removed or immigrants being given shelter but this just doesn’t seem to bother them.
Most corrupt government in modern times.
They rode in on the back of Brexit with the express purpose of rinsing the U.K. for all they can get their hands on. And if people die while they do that, they do not care less.
They all need slinging in jail. Scum.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Should be a national scandal dominating every front page for weeks. But the usual suspects will ride in to defend this corrupt mob and tell us we need to pull together to fight the pandemic and worry about this later. Makes me so angry but we live in a world where millions of people vote for utter morons who will make their lives worse and are very very obviously corrupt. I'm so tired of the state of the world, the lack of accountability and the volume of truly awful people who dominate politics. Depressing.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Depressing how apoplectic some people get over a few statues of racists being removed or immigrants being given shelter but this just doesn’t seem to bother them.
They rode in on the back of Brexit with the express purpose of rinsing the U.K. for all they can get their hands on. And if people die while they do that, they do not care less.

i am generally multi apoplectic ......as you well know :wink: you and i are both witnessing the most corrupt governments in western history , if we were African countries we would be branding the governments despotic or pariahs .............i really don't get the apathy towards this but i guess with lockdown in full effect and in the middle of winter most people can't be arsed ......wonder what sort of summer is brewing for the UK in civil terms it could be really very interesting , this lot really need public flogging outside no. 10

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Should be a national scandal dominating every front page for weeks. But the usual suspects will ride in to defend this corrupt mob and tell us we need to pull together to fight the pandemic and worry about this later. Makes me so angry but we live in a world where millions of people vote for utter morons who will make their lives worse and are very very obviously corrupt. I'm so tired of the state of the world, the lack of accountability and the volume of truly awful people who dominate politics. Depressing.

pushed to the forefront by media with an agenda......mass manipulation of a captive audience.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Big and local government does this all the time. It should be stamped out and crooked politicians tried and, if guilty, imprisoned.

A high profile case would get the message across. This particular instance needs to be investigated and might fit the bill.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
8AA277A5-B10E-4CC1-83C9-DF88E1F60634.jpeg

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
As I often say to Turkish relatives and Pakistani and Moroccan friends: government corruption in their countries is prevalent at every level, a little back hander for everything. In Britain the amount of money involved is far greater, the main difference is here only those at the very top have got their face in the trough - PFI, NHS contracts, council permission for developers. It actually makes petty corruption in Asia and Africa etc look quite democratic as those near the bottom of the ladder can make a bit.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

After watching the hapless Marr my piss is boiling.
I can't stand to look at Hancocks face anymore, what a crock of shit that interview was and this country is going to let them all off the hook because when we are all back drinking, eating and shopping nobody will give a shit about what happened and how it was done, and they know it, that is why they are saying it will be discussed later.
His argument may have held some water if the PPE was of a decent standard and they got hold of enough to give some to care home workers and others.
I want these criminals held to account not least for the thousands of unnecessary deaths.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The same reason the great British public are quite happy to see someone like Philip Green swindle millions from pension funds and stash it off shore without paying a penny in tax but will get their knickers in a twist if Mr and Mrs Bloggs up the road are swindling a few more quid on their benefits than they should be getting.

It will never change and that is exactly what people like Johnson rely on

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
The OP and the vast majority of posters on this thread are of the same mind. It is appalling what Hancock, Jenrick and co are getting away with. The concern for me, alluded to by others also is that they WILL get away with it and it’s tragic!
Everyone is aware of the whole farce of Dido Dildo whatever her name is and the track and trace debacle but it will be forgotten! We are all rightly relieved and hopeful that the vaccine rollout will lead to a return to some form of normality in the foreseeable future but what will happen in the euphoria is that the immense blunders made by those in power will be forgotten! In all possibility the useless PM will carry on if he wants to and be lauded as a hero - that’s how ludicrous it is.
It is beyond my brain level to understand how the great British public are taken in again and again.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
The OP and the vast majority of posters on this thread are of the same mind. It is appalling what Hancock, Jenrick and co are getting away with. The concern for me, alluded to by others also is that they WILL get away with it and it’s tragic!
Everyone is aware of the whole farce of Dido Dildo whatever her name is and the track and trace debacle but it will be forgotten! We are all rightly relieved and hopeful that the vaccine rollout will lead to a return to some form of normality in the foreseeable future but what will happen in the euphoria is that the immense blunders made by those in power will be forgotten! In all possibility the useless PM will carry on if he wants to and be lauded as a hero - that’s how ludicrous it is.
It is beyond my brain level to understand how the great British public are taken in again and again.

The track and trace that under their mates leadership has cost us £22 billion. It cost £3 billion to put that robot successfully onto the surface of Mars.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

Spot on.
And regarding the vaccine, of course it's a great thing, it would be stupid to say any different.
But it has got sod all to do with Johnson.
One of the best vaccines was developed and is manufactured in this country, we put our order in early because of this, great, fantastic the whole thing fell into place for us.
But it's success is down to the scientists, the nationwide distribution skills if the NHS, the Army and all the volunteers.
Not even Johnson has the balls to say it's down to him and the Tories and they have praised the above, but when they talk that is what they are saying and Johnsons photo shoots are set up exactly for that reason, with his white coat, in a innocculation centre holding up the vaccine, he knows that all the idiots will see this as down to him.
So why did he not, as advised many times to give the test and trace to the NHS instead of his mates at SERCO who totally ballsed it up leaving us in the mess we are now in on our 3rd lockdown, highest death rate and the economy in a shambles.
Somehow, all of his life, Johnson has got away with it and he continues to do so, he has made so many mistakes and done some awful things in his personal and political life but no mud seems to stick, when was the last time he was grilled on TV, instead we get Gavin Williamson and Priti Patel.
One of the reasons for this is we have no grand inquisitors anymore.
Robin Day, Andrew Neill and Jeremy Paxman, all gone, the only one trying to hold then to account is Morgan (i know) but at least he is trying.
The BBC is nothing short of a PPB for the Tories, pathetic.
And yet I know so many people that like 'Boris' because he has personality and makes them laugh.
Johnson and his hopeless cabinet should be thrown out and the 'great British public' are now a selfish, greedy and stupid bunch of thickos.
It is way beyond time that Johnson stopped getting away with it and I don't care how it is done.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Spot on.
And regarding the vaccine, of course it's a great thing, it would be stupid to say any different.
One of the best vaccines was developed and is manufactured in this country, we put our order in early because of this, great, fantastic the whole thing fell into place for us.
But it's success is down to the scientists, the nationwide distribution skills if the NHS, the Army and all the volunteers.
Not even Johnson has the balls to say it's down to him and the Tories and they have praised the above, but when they talk that is what they are saying and Johnsons photo shoots are set up exactly for that reason, with his white coat, in a innocculation centre holding up the vaccine, he knows that all the idiots will see this as down to him.
So why did he not, as advised many times to give the test and trace to the NHS instead of his mates at SERCO who totally ballsed it up leaving us in the mess we are now in on our 3rd lockdown, highest death rate and the economy in a shambles.
Somehow, all of his life, Johnson has got away with it and he continues to do so, he has made so many mistakes and done some awful things in his personal and political life but no mud seems to stick, when was the last time he was grilled on TV, instead we get Gavin Williamson and Priti Patel.
Robin Day, Andrew Neill and Jeremy Paxman, all gone, the only one trying to hold then to account is Morgan (i know) but at least he is trying.
And yet I know so many people that like 'Boris' because he has personality and makes them laugh.
Johnson and his hopeless cabinet should be thrown out and the 'great British public' are now a selfish, greedy and stupid bunch of thickos.
It is way beyond time that Johnson stopped getting away with it and I don't care how it is done.

Obviously it's important that Johnson never gets credit for anything on NSC, so I'll simply stick to the main thrust that I was wary of Hancock and his angry responses from the get go, but Jenrick is the one that really gets me riled more than the rest of them combined. This thread should probably have been categorised Bearpit from the start. In fact now we have a Bearpit, I'm not sure why we have a Politics category???

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Obviously it's important that Johnson never gets credit for anything on NSC, so I'll simply stick to the main thrust that I was wary of Hancock and his angry responses from the get go, but Jenrick is the one that really gets me riled more than the rest of them combined. This thread should probably have been categorised Bearpit from the start. In fact now we have a Bearpit, I'm not sure why we have a Politics category???

All of the above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Spot on.

Now who do you think "we" is? I could not tell you the last time off hand, but do recall what are probably 20 times if not more at around 5pm -have you been on Mars with that robot?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here