Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Gillette Fusion 5 - Pack of 12 Blades for £10

larus

I don’t know if this is a mistake by Sainsbury’s, but they have 12 packs of Gillette Fusion 5 blades for £10 - about 83p/item.

There’s another bulk pack they do - 10 for £18 (which has been discounted down from £20+).

I just had to check the blades as I was sure I must be missing something, so I was a few minutes just checking that they looked the same as the other packs. They are and I’ve checked at home and they are the same as my existing ones.

If anyone else uses them, this is an insane price.

I picked them up in Haywards Heath.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Phillips OneBlade all the way mate - life changing for dry shavers!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don’t know if this is a mistake by Sainsbury’s, but they have 12 packs of Gillette Fusion 5 blades for £10 - about 83p/item.

There’s another bulk pack they do - 10 for £18 (which has been discounted down from £20+).

I just had to check the blades as I was sure I must be missing something, so I was a few minutes just checking that they looked the same as the other packs. They are and I’ve checked at home and they are the same as my existing ones.

It sure is, l do my monthly shop in Burgess Hill so l may well go over there. Normally with the price they charge you can pick up a pack including a razor for very little more.

larus

Sainsburys probably stocked up with a load of hookie Ebay razor blades....

I’ve compared to my existing ones and they are exactly the same. Ones that I bought in the past for say £2/item.

Do you really think that a supermarket like Sainsbury’s would sell some ‘knocked-off’ gear - jeez.

Sorry for trying to give people a heads up on a bargain. Won’t f*cking bother again.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

Great price that I subscribe to Gillette shave plan and pay £10 for four , tried all the other shave plans but you always return to Gillette.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Don't take it to heart mate, and no I don't expect a major supermarket to stock up on dodgy gear, just making a quip that there are a lot of dodgy blades on the market, chill out we are going to thrash Palace on Monday...

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
It might be a case of over-production by Gillette during the course of last year and they now need to shift the stock that's been gathering dust in their warehouses.

larus

It might be a case of over-production by Gillette during the course of last year and they now need to shift the stock that's been gathering dust in their warehouses.

Yeah, but that doesn’t really make sense. Current items on the shelf:
Pack of 12 - £10.
Pack of 10 - £18 (on offer from £20+).

Seems like a f*ck-up to me on pricing,

If they had excess, the surely all the range would have some discount. This pack is not even marked as discounted - just f*cking cheap.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Can someone actually explain how the likes of Gillette can charge ridiculous money for replacement blades? Pricey to the extent that they are security tagged in the supermarket.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Yeah, but that doesn’t really make sense. Current items on the shelf:
Pack of 12 - £10.
Pack of 10 - £18 (on offer from £20+).

Seems like a f*ck-up to me on pricing,

If they had excess, the surely all the range would have some discount. This pack is not even marked as discounted - just f*cking cheap.

Online site doesn't have this as on deal, so looks like it's probaby that one store you were in. Online, 8 pack is £21.50 or £12.50 for 4. The online sites for major retailers like Sainsburys normally mirror what's in store, with some online exclusive stuff too.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh god I’ve stooped to this.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Thanks for info At that price am willing to put myself out to get some. Would however like to know if available in Brighton or Hove branches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here