Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Would you take a point against Palace now?

Would you take a point against Palace now?

• Yep - give me that point

Votes: 19 7.2%
  • No - shit or bust for me

Votes: 245 92.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Take a point now, avoid the potential heartache of defeat and keep them within touching distance for us to surge past as the season continues...

...or...

Go for the glorious win, risking the agonising pain of defeat and falling six points behind them again.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
No. Win all day long. Although I had a dream the night before last and it was 1-1 at half time. I have no idea on the full time score.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No. Form suggests this is one of our best chances to give them a damned good thrashing. Naturally we won't though.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Nah Bozza, go for the win and if that fails there's plenty of time left to catch them. You just have to believe.:albion2:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We should go all out for a win, however.....

I’m fairly sure we’ll draw because Palace will set-up for a point and park the bus big time. They had one shot in the away fixture with 34% possession, I very much doubt they’ll equal those stats as they’ll be even more of a closed shop.

It’ll be interesting how many attacking players finish the match for us as we try weave the ball through a packed Palace 6 yard box. We’ll need luck to score against effectively 10 defenders and a keeper, I’d be very surprised if we get that luck.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Yup. We'll score 0 or 1, same as always, and the defence is looking a bit tighter nowadays. But Zaha will still score 1. Them's the rules. So best case scenario it's got 1-1 written all over it :moo:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Yup. We'll score 0 or 1, same as always, and the defence is looking a bit tighter nowadays. But Zaha will still score 1. Them's the rules. So best case scenario it's got 1-1 written all over it :moo:

The caveat is that if we go 1-0 up, don’t concede and then go 2-0 up; I think we could get 5 or 6, especially if Zaha is out.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Take a point now, avoid the potential heartache of defeat and keep them within touching distance for us to surge past as the season continues...

...or...

Go for the glorious win, risking the agonising pain of defeat and falling six points behind them again.

Win only please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, I’ll take my chances on unadulterated joy or a week of being pissed off. We need to give those guys a demoralising defeat.

Just not a totally dominant performance undone by shit finishing/inspired keeping and a jammy breakaway goal for Palace please

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
We should go all out for a win, however.....

I’m fairly sure we’ll draw because Palace will set-up for a point and park the bus big time. They had one shot in the away fixture with 34% possession, I very much doubt they’ll equal those stats as they’ll be even more of a closed shop.

It’ll be interesting how many attacking players finish the match for us as we try weave the ball through a packed Palace 6 yard box. We’ll need luck to score against effectively 10 defenders and a keeper, I’d be very surprised if we get that luck.

Sounds about right. Although, IF we manage to score early - I think we absolutely batter them.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
On current form and especially without Zaha , I would say we are quite strong favourites. So why would we want to settle for a point . At home to Chelsea , maybe a point yes but Palace !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here