Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] Mingling with the Rich and Famous

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Took Mrs Jakarta to Midhurst for her initial COVID jab.

Meet & Greet Person was Hugh Bonneville, he was a perfect gent as of course the Earl of Grantham should be...

Seriously he clearly didn't need to do it but obviously felt he should so a big :thumbsup:

Everyone else at the Clinic was absolutely brilliant as well it has to be said.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I met Dale Winton in a hotel in York once .. very orange and surprisingly wrinkly.

(RIP)

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
I met Schnorbitz the dog in the foyer of the Albany Hotel once .... oh yeah, Bernie Winters was walking him

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I met the late Peaches Geldof at a party in my youth. I also met the Queen when was 10. That’s about the closest to the elite as I’ve gotten.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
I was walking through the woods one sunny Sunday lunchtime when I bumped into the Queen.
We had a nice 5 minute chat, she was very pleasant even though I called her Elizabeth.
She did not seem to mind but her 2 security men were not very happy about it.
I respect her but I have always said that I would never call another human being maaaam, sir or your majesty.
Having lived in Ascot for 10 years I have met many members of royalty, show business and sport people.
I used to have my breakfast with Glenn Hoddle in a cafe when he was England manager, Forsythe was often in my local Chinese in Sunninghill, Ruud Hullit lived across the road Russ Abott was often in my local pub and many many more.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I encountered Jimmy Savile in John Paul Getty’s garden when I was about 8.

It was an open day for charity, the place was packed, and I saw Savile and just moved on. I’d watch him on TotP and Jim’ll Fix it, but always found him weird and unlikeable.

As a late teen, I was at a party in Kingston (Surrey, not Jamaica) and saw Carol Vorderman on her own. I wasn’t that bothered with her, but I thought I’d be nice and talk to her. It went well for a minute and then she started to look over my shoulder. She’d spotted someone famous and decided they’d be more interesting to talk to. I was left standing in mid sentence as she floated past me like I was now invisible.

And the person she wanted to see was Yvette Fielding from Blue Peter.

Snubbed by D-listers. A humbling experience.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I met the late Peaches Geldof at a party in my youth. I also met the Queen when was 10. That’s about the closest to the elite as I’ve gotten.

A well known party girl was Peaches allegedly. I once met Suzi Quatro at the Intercontinental Hotel in Hamburg in 1973. I was going down to reception in the lift when it stopped enroute, and the rock superstar plus her minder stepped in to join me. Clad in a long fur coat she looked absolutely tiny!

As an immature star struck17 year old l was completely tongue tied, all l could blurt out was, hey you are Suzi Quatro aren't you! Yeah she replied, and thinking of nothing else to say we decended in silence to the ground floor. What a missed opportunity, all the things l could have asked her!

May 5, 2020
Sussex
I walked past the actor Tom Conti on the street once but didn't speak because be wouldn't know who I am.
I also saw the actor who played Charlie hungerford in Bergerac ,from a coach window as it drove around jersey.
That's about it I'm afraid, but What I do often wonder is how many famous people we may have been near at a rave,club,cinema,pub,holiday etc before they were famous.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I literally bumped into George Lucas at a Michael Jackson concert.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I sold Des Lynam a Barbour jacket in Harrods a week or so before the Grand National that was abandoned due to an IRA bomb threat - managed to get in some Albion chat, all good!

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
I met Bernard Jewry and had a chat with him whilst he waited for some number plates in Halfords Rustington.
I just don't know how anyone can possibly top this.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I was walking through the woods one sunny Sunday lunchtime when I bumped into the Queen.
We had a nice 5 minute chat, she was very pleasant even though I called her Elizabeth.
She did not seem to mind but her 2 security men were not very happy about it.
I respect her but I have always said that I would never call another human being maaaam, sir or your majesty.
Having lived in Ascot for 10 years I have met many members of royalty, show business and sport people.
I used to have my breakfast with Glenn Hoddle in a cafe when he was England manager, Forsythe was often in my local Chinese in Sunninghill, Ruud Hullit lived across the road Russ Abott was often in my local pub and many many more.

Here was me thinking that Tubthumper would almost certainly walk away with the name dropping crown .... :bowdown:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I once cashed a cheque for Whispering Bob Harris. It's a thing people used to do to get cash out the bank back in the day.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I had a drink with Penelope Keith and her husband in a boozer in London. I had a neck brace on, and she asked me what I had done. Very nice couple.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here