Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Donkeys Out of Contract

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
Just looked at the Palarse out of contract players list. And it is some list of high earners.
Even assuming that they offer some of these new contracts, with finances hit by COVID, they have some rebuilding job on their hands.
Apologies if I have missed some who have been offered contracts.

Wayne Hennessy
Stephen Henderson

Mamadhou Sakho
Scott Dann
Gary Cahill

Patrick Van Aanholt
Tyrick Mitchell
Nathaniel Clyne
Martin Kelly

James NcCarthy
James McArthur
Jeffrey Schlupp
Andros Townsend

Michy Batshuayi
Barndoor Benteke
Connor Wickham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good for them, would be a lot worse if some of that unsellable junk had 2-3 years left on their contract. If Roy leaves after the season a new manager got a real chance to do something new... which could go either way but is probably more likely to fail.

larus

I was having a bit of banter with another poster on a private investing blog I’m on as he found out I’m a Brighton fan.

I mentioned about Zaha and their record without him, then pointed out about their squad age. He admitted that they have an old squad and said that a lot were out of contract this season.

So, as funds are going to be tighter in the current climate, they could struggle. I don’t know what their yoof set-up is like, but they appear to go for known players, but with limited success, as demonstrated by their results without Zaha. Yes, losing your better players has an impact, but not to the extent of Palace.

He also thinks that they’ll be after a new manager too. He thinks they could get stuffed on Man if Zaha is out too.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Good for them, would be a lot worse if some of that unsellable junk had 2-3 years left on their contract. If Roy leaves after the season a new manager got a real chance to do something new... which could go either way but is probably more likely to fail.

It's a good job they've already said any new manager will have limited funds to play with.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's a good job they've already said any new manager will have limited funds to play with.

Probably will be a lot of decent free transfers available this summer though. But still true. They might have to try to sell their football player to make some funds available.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I was having a bit of banter with another poster on a private investing blog I’m on as he found out I’m a Brighton fan.

I mentioned about Zaha and their record without him, then pointed out about their squad age. He admitted that they have an old squad and said that a lot were out of contract this season.

So, as funds are going to be tighter in the current climate, they could struggle. I don’t know what their yoof set-up is like, but they appear to go for known players, but with limited success, as demonstrated by their results without Zaha. Yes, losing your better players has an impact, but not to the extent of Palace.

He also thinks that they’ll be after a new manager too. He thinks they could get stuffed on Man if Zaha is out too.

A Palace fan that I know reckons they are looking at Cooper at Swansea.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

It’ll be interesting if they decide to go with another long term project now that the ultras are demanding they play some nice football.

As a club, they all lost their nerve with Franciscus "Frank" de Boer, the now Netherlands Manager, he was trying to introduce a style and vision that the majority of their fan base could just not understand. It reminded me of the Potter out campaign as they all lost their beans and concentrated on short term results rather than long term objectives. No patience at all.

Hopefully they get someone like Big Sam in.

larus

It’ll be interesting if they decide to go with another long term project now that the ultras are demanding they play some nice football.

As a club, they all lost their nerve with Franciscus "Frank" de Boer, the now Netherlands Manager, he was trying to introduce a style and vision that the majority of their fan base could just not understand. It reminded me of the Potter out campaign as they all lost their beans and concentrated on short term results rather than long term objectives. No patience at all.

Hopefully they get someone like Big Sam in.

There were still the Brighton fans under Poyet shouting out crap like “Launch it” or whatever. I think there’s a percentage of fans at all clubs who can’t appreciate that the game has changed (for a number of British teams) from the ‘blood and thunder’ approach to a more cultured style.

I accept that possession for possessions sake is boring - but working the ball, retaining possession and looking to make openings to exploit, IMO, is great to watch. But, we’re all fans and entitled to our own view.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
giphy.gif :shrug:

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

Bit of a stretch to compare a manager getting sacked after 5 games to some fans wanting Potter out after only winning 1 home game in over a year and only 7 in 43 or whatever it was.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
It’s funny but as a palace fan I find it quite exciting, I have found it a bit boring the last few years having a team just about good enough to stay up. New manager and new players might help with the football mojo.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
It wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those get retained. Beaky can't do what the gobshites want and go raiding the championship for the best young players. He will try and tie them down to modest contracts in the hope they can help secure another survival. One season at a time.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Only one I would take is van arnholt. Decent player

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
It’s funny but as a palace fan I find it quite exciting, I have found it a bit boring the last few years having a team just about good enough to stay up. New manager and new players might help with the football mojo.

Do you think any of that lot will re sign? Seeing as it’s a international summer do you think you’ll be able to get a new coach in and basically a new squad of premier league quality players in one window bedded in and able to keep you up? I can see you doing a derby easily if things don’t drop absolutely perfectly

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Do you think any of that lot will re sign? Seeing as it’s a international summer do you think you’ll be able to get a new coach in and basically a new squad of premier league quality players in one window bedded in and able to keep you up? I can see you doing a derby easily if things don’t drop absolutely perfectly

I hope all these ones do. Mitchell is only 20 so I am sure he will same as Clyne, he only got a short contract because of his long time off with an injury, he has been a bright spot in the last few poor game.

Patrick Van Aanholt
Tyrick Mitchell
Nathaniel Clyne
Martin Kelly

James NcCarthy
James McArthur
Jeffrey Schlupp

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
just looked at the palarse out of contract players list. And it is some list of high earners.
Even assuming that they offer some of these new contracts, with finances hit by covid, they have some rebuilding job on their hands.
Apologies if i have missed some who have been offered contracts.

Wayne hennessy
stephen henderson

mamadhou sakho
scott dann
gary cahill

patrick van aanholt
tyrick mitchell
nathaniel clyne
martin kelly

james nccarthy
james mcarthur
jeffrey schlupp
andros townsend

michy batshuayi
barndoor benteke
connor wickham

coming to a beach near you soon!!!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A Palace fan that I know reckons they are looking at Cooper at Swansea.

He may be a good coach but he looks to me like someone who has spent many years on the xxx xxxxxxxx'x register. ???

frightening.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Bit of a stretch to compare a manager getting sacked after 5 games to some fans wanting Potter out after only winning 1 home game in over a year and only 7 in 43 or whatever it was.

It’s the same results only based analysis. Frank has gone on to show how wrong Palace were by netting the National job.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here