Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] #Terrace Talk -FSA mental health campaign

Brighton Rocker

Jul 16, 2011
TN 21
The FSA have recently launched a fan-led mental health campaign.
‘The aim of the campaign is to encourage open and honest conversations about mental health and encourage supporters who need them to seek out mental health support services’.

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/terracetalk-fan-led-campaign-mental-health-campaign-launched/

The FSA highlight some fantastic work being done at a number of Clubs.
I have been attempting to establish if there are currently any such initiatives at BHAFC. Have been in contact with the CEO of AITC but, they don’t currently have a programme focusing on supporters’ mental health.

The past year has taken a major toll on the mental health of many of us so, perhaps now is a good time to share knowledge of mental health services, share experiences and support our fellow fans.

Would welcome thoughts from this august forum.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
It's a good initiative. Glad they've partnered with Mind. I still reckon they should work with ManKind Project. It's been frequently evident from these kind of schemes in the past that clubs are good at encouraging fans around mental health - relatively easy to have a visible campaign telling people to talk about any worries to their mates that they go to the pub with most weeks anyway - but less able to target and offer support for mental illness, such as helping people who find getting to games a challenge.

That's understandable because it's a bloody hard one to nail when its not clubs' core work and they've got enough other stuff to get on with in terms of community work and partnerships. Which is why it might be better for them to act as signposters, what with the platform they've got. I dunno.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here