Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] Joke Du Jour.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Wise choice. The Jack Straw double work would have dried up. Glad you came to your senses.

Now wash your hands and make me a bacon sandwich.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The amount of time you used to spend up a ladder like a peeping Tom I'm surprised you have got any hair.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
A priest, a imam and a rabbit walked into a hospital to donate blood.
'What blood group are you?' asked the nurse.

I think I'm a type O said the rabbit

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I was going to change my hair colour today, but I changed my mind at the last minute.
I nearly dyed.

'Uncertainty, Anxiety, Indecision, and Procrastination'

You can’t avoid unknowns and uncertainties. These conditions are as much a part of life as are death and taxes. You can’t accurately know the future or outcome of your efforts to unravel uncertainties. However, you can predict what you can and will do to overcome your fears of uncertainty.

How you approach conditions of uncertainty suggests whether you feel threatened or challenged. Let’s say that you see gaining clarity as a challenge. If your actions lead to clarity, that is a positive result.

If you see many conditions of uncertainty as threatening to your stability, you might feel anxious over uncertainty. Anxiety over uncertainty is more than feeling apprehensive about something you haven’t tried before, or wariness about venturing into unfamiliar territory. Persistent anxiety over uncertainty drains time and resources without yielding healthy benefits. This state of thought, feelings, and action is a catalyst for inhibitions or impulsive decisions.

Five Proactive Coping Steps

In proactive coping, you prepare yourself to cope in order to reduce, prevent, or intervene to curb anxiety over uncertainty. Here are some sample proactive coping steps:

Step 1: In upcoming situations, where your information is incomplete, accept ambiguity and uncertainty as a natural part of living and learning. You won't see the complete picture until you engage the challenge. You’ll learn more by taking action than by waiting for a guarantee.

Step 2: Decide what, when, and how you'll proactively cope. Pick your most pressing area where you risk acting indecisively. That’s your "what." Pick a time to start proactively coping. That’s your "when." Identify what you'll do first, and then what you’ll do next. This is the "how." Plan to adjust what you do as you go.

Step 3: Think about high probability things that can get in your way, such as anxiety thinking where you tell yourself that you can’t cope with uncertainty. Come up with a plan for each impediment. Then test the plan against reality. For example, one way to combat anxiety over uncertainty is to make an uncertainty estimate. Ask yourself, what is the probability of one thing happening over another? If you don’t have an answer, then ask another question: “What healthy purpose is served by tormenting myself over something that will take time to understand?” (Hint, there is probably no healthy purpose.)

Step 4: Build momentum for resolving uncertainties by intentionally engaging in meaningful problems that have complexities and unknowns. Anything reasonable where the process and outcome are in doubt will do. Decide where you’ll start, then start (you have to take the first step before you can take a second).

Step 5: Remind yourself that you are doing this exercise to train yourself to stop hesitating, develop a factual basis for deciding new steps to reduce uncertainty, and get yourself out of a procrastination trap.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/science-and-sensibility/201308/uncertainty-anxiety-indecision-and-procrastination

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Someone has stolen all the bus stop signs round my way.
Honestly, where do these people get off?

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here