Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] NASA Perseverance Mars Landing!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Yes,I'm really looking forward to this.
The landing is being billed as "seven minutes of hell"which will certainly be exciting.
I am praying for a decent landing and maybe a decent photo or 2 in the early hours of tommorrow morning.

Apparently, it will be filming the parachute deployment & the final drift down. No idea if that will be shown live though, or if its a movie or just still shots?

I do know it has a movie camera & microphones, a first for Mars. Just not sure when in the mission they will be used?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
Apparently, it will be filming the parachute deployment & the final drift down. No idea if that will be shown live though, or if its a movie or just still shots?

I do know it has a movie camera & microphones, a first for Mars. Just not sure when in the mission they will be used?

Yes,I'm unsure how much we will actually see once the descent begins but it will still be quite exciting as they check system status.
I think they will try and protect cameras and microphone during landing for use on the surface and I'm guessing a"signal" will be the first sign of a successful landing.
I'm not sure we will see anything from the surface for a few days but maybe we might see something in the early hours.
I think it will become clearer what to expect as descent begins.
Fantastic adventure whatever happens.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They better find some aliens and shit. I know I should be impressed and excited but it looks like a dull fecking planet to me.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
They better find some aliens and shit. I know I should be impressed and excited but it looks like a dull fecking planet to me.

Yeah, but NASA would just edit all that stuff out! :whistle:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Aye, some radio-controlled car driving around filming dust and dirt... big boost. Very useful.

Swanny - there was a certain theme to the post you replied to :thumbsup:

Mars.jpg
Marathon.jpg
MilkyWay.jpg
Galaxy.jpg
Boost.jpg

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It's been a marathon journey, but then again the milky way is a big galaxy.

Should give us all a boost.

Hush now. You're going off Topic.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Lots of talk and not a lot of landing. Anyone know how long until we get a glimpse of the planet that I imagine look a bit like AZ Gulls backyard?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here