Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Book your trip to the tip ..coming soon

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
This. Queues for the dump will EXPLODE with a few decent weekends weather in the spring. I was one of them last year, as we did some major renovating in the back garden during the first lockdown. I was sometimes making a couple of trips a day.

The fact the Shoreham one is shut on Mondays and Tuesdays doesn't help either.

I’ve been doing that on and off for 7 years on garden projects :lolol:

Naughtily using tips outside the city, when staff questioned how much hard core rubble I was dumping.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I’ve been doing that on and off for 7 years on garden projects :lolol:

Naughtily using tips outside the city, when staff questioned how much hard core rubble I was dumping.

16beefae664eee3382729167b46582d8.jpg

Mmmm...hardcore Rubble.

BamBAM!

Pickles

May 5, 2014
This. Queues for the dump will EXPLODE with a few decent weekends weather in the spring. I was one of them last year, as we did some major renovating in the back garden during the first lockdown. I was sometimes making a couple of trips a day.

The fact the Shoreham one is shut on Mondays and Tuesdays doesn't help either.

Did a favour for the ex today, taking a few to East Worthing tip, about 2pm.

The queue was back to traffic lights, in 30 years down here, never ever known it like that.

Btw, took an hour and a half from the lights.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Did a favour for the ex today, taking a few to East Worthing tip, about 2pm.

The queue was back to traffic lights, in 30 years down here, never ever known it like that.

Btw, took an hour and a half from the lights.

Did you need ID ? Shoreham is pretty hot on that. I have a water bill that lives in my glovebox now.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Did you need ID ? Shoreham is pretty hot on that. I have a water bill that lives in my glovebox now.

100% yes that you need ID.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
:thumbsup:

It's good as all the skips are below you so throwing stuff in is easy. But its popular. And people sit in the queue until there is a parking space outside the bit they want. Rather than just park somewhere and walk to the right section.:annoyed:

Can't say I ever seen anyone waiting for a bay next to the skip they want. Been my local dump for the last 50 years.

As for the queues, haven't been in the last couple of months but I understand there's a booking system at Crawley and it's been suggested some can't be bothered to book so they come down here and queue instead!!!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
It’ll be interesting to see how it’s organised...via a website with bookable slots? Over the phone as well for people who don’t use the internet?
...wonder if you’ll get people taking slots ‘just in case’ they want the tip in a couple of weeks and then not using it ...etc etc

over the phone . . . no one there speaks fluent English. That includes the English staff.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Loaded the car up with so much **** I had to go today. Queue was almost back to Isaac’s Lane and took just over an hour - made sure I timed it so I could listen to the cricket on the radio. Only about half the bays in use to help with distancing but all pretty civilised.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Loaded the car up with so much **** I had to go today. Queue was almost back to Isaac’s Lane and took just over an hour - made sure I timed it so I could listen to the cricket on the radio. Only about half the bays in use to help with distancing but all pretty civilised.

What is best time to go to Burgess Hill

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I'd say like all of them, about half an hour before it closes on weekday

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

No idea. I’ve got pals who have got there before opening (people are queuing well before it opens), and have gone 30 mins before it closes and didn’t get in - 4pm close is strictly enforced. Seems as though you basically need to allow an hour+ for a visit.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill

Not sure it makes much difference at the moment. Before Christmas I was making two trips a day as we cleared out for a house move, drive straight in, choice of bays. Over the last week, clearing garden rubbish and some building rubble , it’s been an hour in the queue every time.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Trial starts Monday....although as Shoreham is closed on Monday and Tuesday, it’ll be Wednesday

The website talks about being turned away if you are early or late...wonder how much tolerance they’ll allow.
Only one visit allowed a week...no same day appointments....wonder if people will book far in advance and then not bother turning up as it’s raining....will watch with interest

(Worthing on same trial)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Been doing it since the summer where I live and it's much, much better than it was before. One of those Covid enforced changes that has actually worked out really well.

Snap. Easy peasy.

Mind you, none of the boys working there nor any of the customers apart from us have ever worn a mask, ever.

One time when I was leaving I leant out of the car and beconed one of the fools over. "Thanks. Glad I got that done. Feeing a bit rough....very warm in the car....and this chewing gum tastes of nothing :shrug:"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
If I have a clear out and can't get it all in my small car, I have to wait a week to go back.

I'm never going to fly tip, but they had better not be surprised when the instances of that go up

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here