Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Book your trip to the tip ..coming soon

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
For those of us that use the Shoreham waste disposal facility on the coast ..as from February 27th you will need to book in advance
..further details may follow

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Drove past it today. Msssive que of 2 cars. Causing havoc all the way back the the B&Q delivery entrance.

To be fair, sometimes it is busy but this is a but ridiculous.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
makes sense, there is only a short entrance area, and it is only a matter of time before there is a serious shunt there.

Good God, i'm getting old, commenting on shitty traffic problems....

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
For the vast majority it'll make things easier - less queuing time etc - wouldn't mind it at our local, need to avoid it at weekends as the queue can be enormous.........only problem is it'll probably lead to an increase flytipping from people who turn up at the tip without an appointment and then can't be arsed to take their ***t home again.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So who's looking forward to the jobsworth at the entrance:

'Sorry you can't come in you are 2 minutes after your allotted slot, you will need to rebook for another day'
'But I have been queuing for 10 minutes while you turn everyone away'
'As I said, you have arrived after you allotted slot and will need to rebook'

All this going on, with the queue to get into the recycling centre now finishing at the Norfolk Bridge'

DavidinSouthampton

Jan 3, 2012
Been doing it since the summer where I live and it's much, much better than it was before. One of those Covid enforced changes that has actually worked out really well.

As the old song would have it, I second that emotion

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Gosh how exciting , eer not .

I tend to dump my stuff in one of the big bins you see around the city . Nothing illegal of course but I won’t go to the tip as the smell makes me sick ...

Anyway , I’m getting excited that we may eventually be getting towards the tail end of this horrendous epidemic and I can swan off to south of France for a short break in June ! Hopefully .

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I used to live a couple of roads into B&H, but Shoreham Tip was nearest for me, so I used it for 7 years.

The jobsworths working there sometimes stuck their noses into your home address. WSCC talked about bringing ANPR as they had done in Kent.

Separately, ESCC don’t now accept rubble or soil, except at a charge.

In an enlightened green age, moves to encourage people to fly tip or simply put recyclable stuff in their weekly landfill bin.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sounds like a good idea. I would rather have an appointment than get involved in a queue. Having said that I am unlikely to ever visit Shoreham Tip
Booking required here since April/May. Always been a nightmare (huge queues - getting through in less than 45 minutes was a good day) but it was great at first with appointments. Later though they obviously decided to increase the number of bookings accepted for each time slot - back to 45 minute waits for the worst laid out refuse dump I've ever encountered (you couldn't even design it to be worse!)

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Shoreham tip now run by rude officious jobsworths who treat their customers a bit like what's being tipped - complained to WSCC -standard response - they don't care as farmed out to a private company - and you can already see much more fly tipping happening

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hmmm. This is my dump.

As its shut Mondays and Tuesdays, I generally avoid Wednesdays and try to avoid weekends, doesn't usually take me long to get in (occasionally if the queue is silly then I'll drive on by and do it another day). Bit of a ballache having to book though innit ? I don't generally like appointments. It goes against my free spirit nature.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

zefarelly

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sounds like a ridiculous idea. Shoreham and WSCC has ben getting gradually worse in recent years. To the point they're offensive, inappropriately invasive, even had them trying to take stuff from my car which wasn't rubbish.

They're more than happy to take your scrap metal and batteries to sell.

I've actually taken rubbish to work with me on a few occasions, and taken it to the tip in Chichester, hassle free.

Long gone are the days of getting bikes and useful stuff from the tip!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was just about to post about this and then saw your post...the people on site are saying so...plus about three other people I’ve spoken to (Chinese whispers?) but I’m going to give them a buzz tomorrow...my guess is it’s definitely on the cards even if only temporary

An update on this...despite staff at the tip saying this is going ahead on February 27th...according to a call I made to WSCC it hasn’t been ratified yet ..there is a meeting on March 3rd...and if agreed it will be middle March ..how it will all work is another matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here